We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10th Anniversary where do we go with kids (3 and 7)

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
10th Anniversary where do we go with kids (3 and 7)

Where can we go for our 10th Anniversary where do we go with kids 3 and 7 year olds and we love only warm places...in october..

please let me know all the places possible. Anywhere in the world,,no udget constrains. Comfortable,luxury,rellaxing and where we could get some Veggie food.

Wake Forest, North...
Level Contributor
258 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: 10th Anniversary where do we go with kids (3 and 7)

How are about Maui? We took our kids there at 2,4, 5 and 7 (two different trips) and had a great time. There are alot of condos you can rent (try VBRO) to give you some privacy. Maui is beautiful, suprisingly very kid friendly and alot to do. The long flight wasn't too bad (and worth it for Maui). One of our trips was October and it was a great time to go, only downside is that the whales aren't there, but it is still wonderful.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: 10th Anniversary where do we go with kids (3 and 7)

sounds good...do u have any recommended accomodations etc...let me know..

Hi all

Any more places for our anniversary??

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,425 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: 10th Anniversary where do we go with kids (3 and 7)

Vomo, Castaway, Musket Cove,The Outrigger, Navini, and the Intercontinental Resorts in Fiji. If interested in Fiji, suggest you post on the Fiji Forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g294331-i883-Fiji.…

Texas
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
43 reviews
4. Re: 10th Anniversary where do we go with kids (3 and 7)

I second the Maui recommendation. For a great family resort, I recommend Honua Kai or the Westin Villas.

http://www.honuakai.com/

http://www.westinkaanapali.com/

The Westin's kids program is only for ages 5-12, while the Honua Kai's is for ages 3-12. My daughter is past the kid's club age, so I can't comment on those programs. But since you might possibly want an evening out alone on your actual anniversary date, I thought I would mention it. Both resorts are very nice.

Cambridge UK
Level Contributor
563 posts
99 reviews
5. Re: 10th Anniversary where do we go with kids (3 and 7)

Turkey!

We've been to Bodrum and Lara Beach (Antalya) with children of similar ages. Lots for 5 star hotels with activities for children (water parks, kids clubs) but also luxury for adults.

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
6. Re: 10th Anniversary where do we go with kids (3 and 7)

I would suggest the Four Seasons Maui at Wailea. I recently traveled there with my entire family. They really know how to make the kids have fun and have a lot of activities for them. There are also great options for the adults there and the whole family. They had a kids program there called "Kids for All Seasons" which was a great day program. They also left sponges that spelled out the kids' names in their bathroom, along with age-appropriate snacks in their room upon arrival. The resort fits your description perfectly; it is very luxurious, comfortable, and relaxing. All of the restaurants there are also willing to cater to your dietary needs. Have fun wherever your travels take you!

Here is the link to their website: http://www.fourseasons.com/maui/

Edited: 16 August 2012, 23:44
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,902 posts
44 reviews
7. Re: 10th Anniversary where do we go with kids (3 and 7)

First, you go to the kids' grandparents house. You strike a deal with the grandparents. The kids think they have won being at the grandparents without mom and dad, and you and your spouse split. At that point, it does not really matter where you go.

If that does not work, SE Asia is always good. Turkey is an interesting possibility. Thailand and Soth Africa are my favorite destinations, for vegetarian food I would lean towards Thailand, Malaysia, or Bali.

My wife and I have been hitting various Caribean islands using the plan mentioned above. I was never excited by the Caribean until I went there. I do not really have a family destination to recommend, but they certainly exist.

Delhi
Level Contributor
44 posts
20 reviews
8. Re: 10th Anniversary where do we go with kids (3 and 7)

I had visited Genting Highlands with my 3 year old and had stayed at "first World". You can check the pictures online and book a stay. It is a good place to visit.

Also Mauritius is a great option. Lots of hotels are available like the "calodyne sur Mer","la Plantation". This is also a good place to go with kids.

Hope this helps.

TM

9. Re: 10th Anniversary where do we go with kids (3 and 7)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 10:17