We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place t stay in Los Amgeles

1 post
Save Topic
Best place t stay in Los Amgeles

We are going to the USA for the first time this September - 2 adults and 2 teenage girls. We are going to Disneyland for 2 -3 nights and then LA for another 4. Any suggestions on hotels would ne great.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,435 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place t stay in Los Amgeles

Welcome to the Forums Alijack4,

Your questions have thier own specific City forums to post in where you can ask specific questions about where you may want to stay, an itinerary ect. Be sure to include a budget per night for a Hotel and what kind of accomodation you are looking for as well as dates of travel and things you may want to do in the specific areas so they can better help you.

Heres the LA forum as well as the Anaheim Forum where Disneyland is located .

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g32655-i61-Los_Ang…

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g29092-i65-Anaheim…

There is no central place to stay to visit both LA and Anaheim, Anaheim is located about a 45 min drive South of the LA area (in good traffic) so if you are planning on going to both places, usually its suggested to split your stay and stay park of the time in the LA area and part in the Anaheim area.

To get you started for the Anaheim part of your visit. You can stay directly across the street from the Disneyland Main Entrance and easily walk to Disneyland in a few minutes. Most of those would be standard motels with a few Hotels in a little farther walking distance.

Here is a Map of Hotels in the Disneyland area so you can see where things are located. The Disneyland Main Entrance is off of Harbor blvd near where it says "East Shuttle Area" on the Map.

printfreemaps.com/maps/freedisneylandareamap…

Edited: 17 July 2012, 06:01
British Columbia
Level Contributor
139 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place t stay in Los Amgeles

If it were me I would break it up. Stay 2-3 nights in Anaheim and then, instead of staying in the downtown area, I would stay in Santa Monica.

Santa Monica is great because it's on a great beach plus you are not too far from driving into Hollywood, downtown LA, bike riding along Venice Beach, and Beverly Hills, just to mention a few destinations.

There is good shopping in SM, which your girls might like, too!

Katonah, NY
Level Contributor
895 posts
365 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place t stay in Los Amgeles

Agree with Patches, do not stay in downtown LA. Beverly Hilton is good, Santa Monica is nice, but I think it's a schlep to get to Hollywood, etc... Staying around Beverly Hills is best if you can afford it.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place t stay in Los Amgeles

Our family loves to stay in Santa Monica, it is nice and near the beach and great shopping. There are quite often deals available on nice hotels. We also stayed in a Best Western just outside of Beverley Hills once that we liked.

Expect to drive a lot in LA no matter where you stay. In Anahiem, you can find less expensive accommodation, but the Disney hotels are a great experience if you can handle the cost.

5. Re: Best place t stay in Los Amgeles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2013, 10:16