We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best beach accommodation on greek island

Sydney
Level Contributor
138 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
best beach accommodation on greek island

we are a couple in our late 50's who want to finish our European holiday next May with a week on a Greek Island. I am having trouble deciding on which one to choose, we would like a nice hotel/resort right on a sandy beach. We dont like huge resorts with multiple swimming pools etc. but would prefer something classy and smallish with access to restaurants but preferable right on a sandy beach, is this an impossible ask?

Casablanca
Level Contributor
884 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: best beach accommodation on greek island

Hi ShelleyA;

For a beach Romantic Vacation i would highly recommend Kamari in Santorini or Skala in Kefalonia, this is the most beautiful part can be highly recommended to you.

Please Try also to read the following Travel tips on this link, which has similar query regarding Greek Beach Island Trip, as the Local Contributers and Destination Experts can fill you in with any more details you would need on your trip, once you posting on Greece Forums, also for Things to do, and places with Hotels and Vacation Rentals once on the Greece forums try to look at the left Tab there is a list started with Greece Tourism, Hotels ..then click on Things to do so to select your chosen Island where you can have a lovely trip.

- Greek Island Helpful Tips : tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189400-i194-k3143…

- Greece Forums: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g189398-i192-Greec…

Hope this information would help you starting your trip plans.

H

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,110 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best beach accommodation on greek island

Have a look at Rhodes, and for something small, Patmos..........the Greece forums will offer in depth advice.

Edited: 16 October 2012, 15:43
Sydney
Level Contributor
138 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best beach accommodation on greek island

thank you to everyone for your wonderful information, much appreciated

Casablanca
Level Contributor
884 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: best beach accommodation on greek island

You are welcome ShelleyA, and hope that will enlightening your trip plans.

Good Luck.

H

5. Re: best beach accommodation on greek island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2013, 10:16