We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas, 4 kids, Vancouver to?

Fort St. John...
Level Contributor
145 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas, 4 kids, Vancouver to?

Sorry, I know there are many similar posts, just not identical. I'll keep it short:

Kids 2,4,8 and 11 (all boys)

Past include Disney W and L, Canaveral, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Grand Cayman, St Lucia, Antigua, Kauai, Maui, Cabo, Zijuatanejo, Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cozumel, Cancun.

not really traditional vacations, but we enjoyed trips to Dallas and San Francisco too so open to those types of suggestions (keeping kids in mind)

Don't want too long a flight as evidenced by the past trips,

Ideas on locations +/- activities and accommodations (non AI)?

Thanks

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,781 posts
5,807 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas, 4 kids, Vancouver to?

How about Las Vegas. Decent weather, plenty of entertainment for the entire family. Hawaii is another option that comes to mind.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas, 4 kids, Vancouver to?

San Diego. Zoo, Seaworld etc etc. Legoland north of San Diego.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
28,244 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas, 4 kids, Vancouver to?

I'm in agreement with the others in that you focus on the state of California or Nevada at that time of year............

Edited: 20 January 2013, 12:52
Fort St. John...
Level Contributor
145 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas, 4 kids, Vancouver to?

Funny, when Maui flights were going up up up, it was going to cost us 8k for flights alone at one point so I started coming up with an alternate plan and did a lot of looking at San Diego. Might be a good option. I've never thought of Vegas as a kids place but I know a lot of people do it. Would have to research kid friendly activities. Thanks for the ideas and keep them coming!

Freeport, New York
Destination Expert
for Long Island
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas, 4 kids, Vancouver to?

SInce it is going to winter--why not skiing? You could do Tahoe, Jackson Hole, Park City, etc.

If you want a warmer climate, and since you have been to Hawaii, Mexico, and the Caribbean, what about Costa Rica?

You could also fly east--Toronto, Montreal, NYC.

6. Re: Christmas, 4 kids, Vancouver to?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions