We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Butlins -yay or nay?

Meath
Level Contributor
11 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Butlins -yay or nay?

Husband would like to take a trip down memory lane and visit a butlins resort. I personally am not too keen on the idea, however, we have 3 children-6, 3 and infant-and feel that it could be enjoyable for them. If anyone has any helpful information on the pros and cons ie how long to stay, hotel v apartment etc. I would greatly appreciate it. We will be travelling from Ireland and during June/July. Thanks

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Butlins -yay or nay?

We have visited butlins at skegness staying in a gold apartment twice and are going again this year, kids now 5 + 3. Accomodation is more than acceptable an there is none stop entertainment and activities for the kids we only go Mon to Fri and during term time. We have never felt the need to leave site

1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Butlins -yay or nay?

Go for it, were a family with three kids and holiday park veterans our kids love butlins and haven, if you go to butlins id reccomend the hotels( the wave is fab),however weve also done the apartments and they were comfy and well equiped too and im sure your children will love the vast entertainment geared up to suit all ages, weve been twice this year and returning in august.

3. Re: Butlins -yay or nay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 May 2013, 19:07
4. Re: Butlins -yay or nay?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

5. Re: Butlins -yay or nay?

Cambridge UK
Level Contributor
564 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Butlins -yay or nay?

I've been the Skegness Butlins 2-3 times a year since my children were babies (now 6 and 8) and they absolutely love it. Each holiday changes as they get older.

My advice would be go for the best grade of accommodation you can afford. We usually stay silver self-catering but sometimes upgrade to Gold which is better but still not 5* you understand though perfectly acceptable. The pool has recently been refurbished and is great. As we're a 2 hour drive away we tend to go for weekends rather than longer stays but as you're coming from Ireland you'd probably wish to stay longer.

You get all sorts of people at these resorts so just be open-minded!

manchester
Level Contributor
4 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Butlins -yay or nay?

I've taken my kids to all 3 butlins resorts over the years. They are brilliant fun & kids love it. Accommodation is fine and premium dining is yummy.

Go for it

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Butlins -yay or nay?

What and where are Butlins?

manchester
Level Contributor
4 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Butlins -yay or nay?

They are holiday parks in the uk. Theres one in skegness, minehead and bognor regis.

www.butlins.com

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Butlins -yay or nay?

I'd say go for it, we've been to the one in Minehead three times and the whole place is geared up to entertaining children. The pool at Minehead is great there are lots of slides and a wave machine, it has play areas and Go-Karts, crazy golf, a massive soft-play area. As in earlier posts try and get the best accommodation you can afford, ( I'd personally go for a minimum of self catering Silver grade ). Please bear in mind that it's not 5 star or even 4 for that matter it's cheap and cheerful, but it's clean and above all the kids absolutely love it, and happy children usually make for happy parents. If you go self-catering there is a big supermarket very nearby.