We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family reunion ideas

Greenwood Village...
Level Contributor
7 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Family reunion ideas

Looking to arrange a July family reunion on east coast. Thought a place with individual cabins or bungalows near beach but have no idea. All ages, financial consideration, and elderly access to consider. Any ideas appreciated.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
28,142 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family reunion ideas

Hi jasmd530............welcome to the TA forums.................

the Cape Cod area sounds like a fit.........I suggest you try the Cape Cod forum if this interests you and have the locals guide you to the right location based on your needs..........

the Florida Keys may work too.....also Kiawah Island , SC

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
28,142 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family reunion ideas

Other east coast beach locations include Myrtle Beach and Virginia Beach, and you can access information about any or all of these areas by clicking on the blue links contained in this, and the previous post.......you will find general information regarding the area you click on , and can enter the local forum too, to ask advice of the locals.........hope you find the perfect spot!

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
465 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family reunion ideas

Outer Banks in North Carolina would be an option as well.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family reunion ideas

also Hilton Head.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,402 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family reunion ideas

If you choose Cape Cod I can think of two different groups of seaside cottages either ON or a few steps from the beachfront off the top of my head and there are more. Both are in the mid-Cape area where there are lots for the younger set to do and one of the locations has a top ice cream shop within their walking distance too. Cottages are one level. If this is of interest to you then I will try to answer additional questions for you. Cape Cod is unique in the US and is varied from town to town. I hope you can visit and enjoy it some day if not for the family reunion.

Edited: 25 February 2013, 14:30
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
357 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family reunion ideas

I've seen large family reunions in both the Outer Banks and Kiawah Island, SC.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family reunion ideas

We had a family reunion in Chatham Cape Cod, some years ago now. It was great location for everyone for a few days ages ranged from new born to 60 year old parents.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,402 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family reunion ideas

Do you recall where you stayed littlenomads? Chatham is lovely but all the towns on the Cape have a lot to offer. Glad you had a chance to enjoy it a bit.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,402 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family reunion ideas

What do you think so far Jas???

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod