We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Med Ixtapa

Banff
2 posts
Save Topic
Club Med Ixtapa

Hi, We just returned from 2 weeks at the club med in Ixtapa, Mexico

with out 10 month old baby, We LOVED it!! Our extended family went-my husband and I with our baby, my sister, her husband and their 3 kids aged 3,6 and 8 and my mother. The kids loved it we all loved it-what a great break to have the baby med, the satff were super. Im a stay at home mom and our baby had never been to a day care before, she adjusted well and the staff were so kind and helpful and stayed with her scedual and kept a record off all that went on with her during the day. when she ate, what she ate, when she napped and for how long. By the end of the 2 weeks I felt like they knew her almost as well as I did. I wanted to take all the staff home with me. You can drop the baby off as ofter or a little as you like, pull them out for naps or meals and there is baby sitting service in the evenings if youd like to have dinner out. We are all seasoned travelers and I was sceptacle of the idea of an all inclusive thinking that I may not like the food ect,. It far surpased my expecations and we have a lovely relaxing holiday. The roomas are sparce but very very clean and everyone bends over backward for kids. It was a new moms dream vacation and I cant wait to go back.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
203 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Med Ixtapa

How much does the childcare cost for the baby?

Fresno, CA
Destination Expert
for Fresno
Level Contributor
1,615 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Med Ixtapa

They have remodeled since this post. They re-open in December. It looks beautiful from the website. I think the cost is on the site. I agree about their childcare. My kids were older 4 and 7, but wish I could have that quality of care back home! I have friends going in Jan. Can't wait to hear about the remodel.

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Med Ixtapa

The remodel looks amazing - unfortunately the prices have gone up quite a bit with the remodel. Our kids loved it too when we went a few years back.

When you make your reservation - they will show you how much extra the infant care is. If I recall it wasn't unreasonable.

Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Med Ixtapa

Is it a mistake to go to Ixtapa in August? What happens if there's a hurricane?

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Club Med Ixtapa

Ixtapa is on the west coast of Mexico. You need to be concerned with hurricanes on the East Coast.

6. Re: Club Med Ixtapa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 14:17