We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need cool place to go

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
267 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Need cool place to go

We have a 3 year old and need suggestions of interesting places to go. We went to Kauai last summer and stayed at Sheraton south shore and Princeville resort north shore. It was awesome.

We have considered Beaches Turks and Caicos. But maybe its too commercial? I think I need something outside the norm. Costa Rica, South Pacific, europe? ideas PLEASE!

Thanks!

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need cool place to go

Costa Rica was fun, but I think it would be better if you wited till your child was older. It's more of an adventure destination than anything.

Try the T&C forum. Some folks who were just there raved about it and the Local Expert is really nice. It's not as commercial as places like St Thomas or Jamacia, or even Kauai for that matter.

I like the Greek islands myself and they could be a lot of fun with a child, but aren't all that easy to get to. Check out Crete, Santorini, Rhodes, and Mykonos. I've stayed on all of those and they are really good choices. Nice mix of things to do and the Greeks are nice folks.

Also look at Caneel Bay on ST John in the US Virgins. You can snorkel right off the beach there, but it is a 'summer camp for the rich' and not like a lot of resorts, so do make sure it will meet your needs. The Westin, the only other choice of a full service resort, sits on a tiny [and in MHO not very nice] beach. You can take taxies to the Northshore beaches just minutes away. Very quiet island and most accommodations are villa rentals, which is what I do when I stay on STJ.

Toronto
Level Contributor
338 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need cool place to go

HI Hanalei Princess

I would also recommend the turks forum. We went to Provo with our 3 year old but avoided Beaches like the Plague! There are some amazing self catering condo resorts in Turks that I would take over Beaches. We stayed at Sands and were very happy with the flexibility and beauty of the place.

3. Re: Need cool place to go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 19:18