We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun in Europe with baby and toddler

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Sun in Europe with baby and toddler

Hello,

My wife and I are hoping to take our two young children (9 mnths and nearly 3) for a sunny/beach holiday this summer, but I'm stumped as to where to go.

We are based in London and I don't want a long flight, so Europe would be best. I'd also like somewhere that can take the pressure off us a bit in terms of childcare and that is generally quite laxy and relaxed - the purpose is very much to recharge the batteries!

Any advice would be much appreciated, many thanks in advance.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,047 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sun in Europe with baby and toddler

Do you want to go to a resort that has child care? If that's it then check our Club Med, the original all-inclusive. They are very family friendly and have many locations around the world. Good luck with your planning.

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
12,732 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sun in Europe with baby and toddler

For relatively short flights, an excellent range of accommodation types and lovely safe sandy beaches.. I'd recommend Menorca, especially the Son Bou area. Being such a small island it is very easy to get around, no long drives from the airport, and there are loads of other "family friendly" beaches.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sun in Europe with baby and toddler

I would also suggest you look at Portugal's Algarve.

Couple of hours flight from London and lots of family orientated resorts.

Post the same question on the Algarve Forum and see what response you get.

August is the busiest month in the Algarve by the way.

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sun in Europe with baby and toddler

Thank you very much for the suggestions.

5. Re: Sun in Europe with baby and toddler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 07:19