We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thailand holiday queries

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
6 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Thailand holiday queries

Hi guys,

I will be visiting Thailand with my family last week of July. I would really appreciate if you could help me out with the following queries:

1) If time is short, what are the must see places in Bangkok and Phuket? Please also suggest good places for budget shopping.

2) What is the best way to go on a day tour of Phi Phi islands while we are in Phuket? Please feel free to suggest other islands that we may visit from Phuket. How much should we approximately budget for these tours?

3) Which beach in Phuket is the best in terms of visual appeal and relaxation? Where can I head to for some good snorkeling?

Thanks!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,393 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thailand holiday queries

Look at the Top Questions of the Bangkok tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g293916-i3687-Bang… and Phuket tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g293920-i5037-Phuk… TripAdvisor forums. They will answer most of your questions. The associated Trip Ideas sections will also suggest things to see. Using search also helps, for instance, there have been plenty of recent questions about shopping in Bangkok.

If you really have only a week in Thailand, you are going to have a very hectic trip combining Bangkok and Phuket. I hope you are flying KL - Phuket - Bangkok - KL, since Air Asia has direct flights between these destinations.

For day trips to island I would budget 1000 - 2000 per person. The prices will depend on the itinerary and type of boat. The cheapest operator might turn out to be cutting corners even with safety, so pay attention to what you are getting. Some operators will also be greedy enough to set out even in bad seas. I would personally refuse to board a boat when the waves are 2-3 meters high, even if this means losing my money - I prefer to stay alive and in any case the trip would not be enjoyable at all.

Right now Phuket area is not great for snorkeling and trips to islands, since the monsoon winds have pushed the waves up to 2 - 3 meters. A month from now the seas of course may be calmer, but on the other hand July is still in the middle of the monsoon season, so seas could be as bad or worse. The seas tend to be calmer in the Gulf of Thailand, so if you look for snorkeling, Koh Tao could be a good choice. You can fly directly from KL to Surat Thani and then take a bus&ferry combination. Air Asia and Nok Air can also sell you a ferry+bus+flight combo for the trip to Bangkok.

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Thailand holiday queries

Hi Guys,

I need help for booking return train ticket from Bangkok to Surat Thani.

Any idea or someone can help?

Thanks,

Akshay.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,114 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thailand holiday queries

Akshay - I would ask on the Thailand forum which is here tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g293915-i3686-T…

Edited: 08 November 2013, 10:33
4. Re: Thailand holiday queries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2014, 06:19