We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mother and daughter want to go to Broadway Show!!

Inbetween
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mother and daughter want to go to Broadway Show!!

MamaMia seems to be the obvious choice but is it the best?? We love musicals and are unsure which one to pick!!

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mother and daughter want to go to Broadway Show!!

I don't know. We have been to MammaMia in my country and that was awesome but we are big Abba fans! Suggest to hit the New York City forums and ask for info.

Inbetween
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mother and daughter want to go to Broadway Show!!

Haha...can you tell I don't do this often!! Yes thank you for that suggestion. Makes complete sense. Lol. Thank you.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,393 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mother and daughter want to go to Broadway Show!!

Hi landsalot........not only will the New York City forum help you determine which musical you may want to see, they'll guide you to tickets purchase..........and you can also try the TKTS Booth in Times Square..

Ellicott City...
Level Contributor
41 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mother and daughter want to go to Broadway Show!!

I think it depends upon the age of your daughter. I chaperoned a middle school trip to see this show when my daughter was in 6th grade and i, as well as plenty of other parents, thought the content was not appropriate. In fact the kids felt kind of embarrassed since there is so much sexual innuendo, not to mention the references to alcohol and drug use as excuses for sexual forays. THAT BEING SAID, if you daughter is older it is a really fun, upbeat show. I of course loved it and didn't even like ABBA that much the first time around!

5. Re: Mother and daughter want to go to Broadway Show!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2014, 06:19