We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baby food in Alvor, Portugal

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Baby food in Alvor, Portugal

Just got back from Alvor, had the best time and can't speak too highly of the people and the place.. Just one small tip for parents of babies. The range of jars of baby food on offer at the supermarket was extremely limited and not brilliant to be honest. The Portugese people in the cafes & restaurants were fantastic and more than happy to whip up some baby friendly mushed up food using fresh ingredients. In particular Flo de Sal was a great restaurant for this.If for any reason you were not comfortable with this then take a good supply of food pouches. It was the first time we had taken our one year old on holiday and despite many years of varied travel I was really stressed out at the very thought of how to deal with a baby but Alvor was perfect. If I can help any other stressed parents due to travel soon please let me know!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baby food in Alvor, Portugal

Hi jules611,

Thanks for the post, have you copied this post into the Portugal Forum, as I think it would be more appreciated there.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baby food in Alvor, Portugal

Hi Steve B

I have no idea where this post ended up as laptop went on the blink! Will figure out how to to move it. Thankyou

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,584 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baby food in Alvor, Portugal

jules......................you don't have to move the post......but you could also post again if you like, in a forum for Portugal.........if ever you find that you want to remove a post entirely that you have sent its easy to do....hit the "report inappropriate content" key at the bottom right corner of the post, and then click on "remove my post"....it will be removed for you..........

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baby food in Alvor, Portugal

Hi, we are heading to Lagos on Friday with our 1 yr old and I am worried about the food issue! Although he has a great appetite and eats most things, we are still struggling with getting him to move to chopped consistency. At the minute he still really only takes quite creamy stuff with a few lumps, but even small pasta shells/chopped spaghetti get spat out! I don't really want to cook on holidays or feed him packets all week..can you tell me what kind of foods you got for your baby in cafes/restaurants and what consistency?

England, United...
Level Contributor
11,131 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baby food in Alvor, Portugal

Long time since my daughter was little, 33 years to be precise, but when we travelled with her, I took a little " Mouli Blender" thing.

Not the electric ones which were a pain to clean, but a little gadget that chops/minces/ purées small quantities of food. Might be worth looking for one in your local hardware store. Some people buy them to grate hard cheese/ Parmesan. You feed the food into a little hopper kinda thing, turn the handle and out comes food suitable for spoon feeding to a little un.

Might also be worth looking at Mumsnet to see if there is any help there.

Have a great holiday and please let us know how you go on...

Mondial, a Grandmother, and feeling very old now somehow!

6. Re: Baby food in Alvor, Portugal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2014, 07:21