We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to next - family of 4

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Where to next - family of 4

Hoping I might get some suggestions as to where to head to next for our next family holiday in Sep 2014 for hubby's significant b'day. We have been to Thailand twice, was thinking about America but with the dollar dropping might be too expensive this time next year.

We do love the Asia continent as we love the warmth (both the weather and the people), the shopping, the exchange rate, the food etc....

Has anyone done Malaysia with kids?

We have 2 daughters aged (now) 4 & 9 who travel fine. We also tend to do group travel as seems more fun with others.

So any suggestions from those with experience would be greatly appreciated.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
3 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to next - family of 4

I am a teenager myself and me and my family did Singapore on the way through to Australia, a few years ago (2010) , it was such a nice place majority spoke very good English and was very family friendly, we only had 2 days but it was such a good start, the weather was so humid, we had a Singapore airlines free shuttle, we went around the botanical gardens and around the main populated area, it was such a clean, well maintained place. We also did Hong Kong on the way to New Zealand, must have been around 2006, that was very cultural, even the sights were fantastic across the river, which worked out so cheap to cross the river in British pounds. It was the best sights at night.

Both these places were great for me and my sister when we went of our family holidays, I would suggest England, but not unless you like rain and lots of it.

Hope this may of helped, if you want more info I can ask my parents specific details, of what we did.

kind regards

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,168 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to next - family of 4

I would also ask on the Malaysia forum tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g293951-i7006-M…

Another popular family destination is Bali tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g294225-i7219-I…

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
18 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to next - family of 4

May I suggest Goa, India.

It is a beach community on the west coast of central india. People speak English and the beaches are warm and welcoming= much like Thailand. You can fly into Mumbai which is a great experience in itself and then go to Goa or you can go to the National Tiger Reservation. I have been to India several times with my child who is 6. By Sept the rainy season will be over and the weather will be temperate for India.

4. Re: Where to next - family of 4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 06:17