We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deal of the Day holidays, WORST NIGHTMARE

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Deal of the Day holidays, WORST NIGHTMARE

DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS US, WE BOOKED LAST NIGHT 12/08/13, BARGAIN TOTAL FOR 2 PEOPLE £914 ALL INC TO EGYPT, THAT INC CASES AND RETURN TRANSFERS.

We decided to go for this, when we got flight times it was 6 nights not 7, They changed our flights and holiday went up to £988, ok so not so bad we agreed.

I then paid by card after everything was repeated and i too was told they will call back in 15 mins, guess what, no seats on that flight, we have been put on an Easy Jet flight, with lots of Extra costs, now our total is £1,140, it didnt stop there they then wanted £20 pp for something else, i said no cancel the lot, because i wouldnt pay that final £40 they took one of our cases that cost £50 each.

I have since told my bank half hour of this happening, they are liers, very rude and do nothing but gloat they got maximum money for your holiday, THEY ARE NOT THE CHEAPEST

England, United...
Level Contributor
11,131 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deal of the Day holidays, WORST NIGHTMARE

Sorry to read of your experience, but if you booked on line, did you tick the box to say you had read and understood what you were signing up? Did the T's and C's include changes to the contract which you agreed to?

If you paid more than£100 on a credit card, not a debit card, then you have certain rights and should, if you are absolutely sure you have been conned, speak to your credit card company, or Consumer Direct, which used to be called Trading Standards.

Good luck

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deal of the Day holidays, WORST NIGHTMARE

Thankyou for your reply, this was all done over the phone, final quote, everything agreed, gave card number and it just went up and up. spoken to bank, was paid on card, more than one transaction withdrawn, i have got a case but not guarenteed, which means if i lose i have then paid for 2 holidays, lesson learnt i think, 39 good bookings and this one bad one

Thanks again

England, United...
Level Contributor
11,131 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deal of the Day holidays, WORST NIGHTMARE

if they record their calls, make a SAR ( Subject Access Request) which means they have to send you a digital copy of the call recording. You will have to pay a £10 fee for this, but it could be money well spent! They can email it to you and you can play it on your PC if you have a sound card system.

Try calling the number you phoned when you made the booking and see if their greeting says that " all calls are recorded" if it does, they HAVE to make the sales call recording available to you.

If they then deny that they have a recording of your sales call, or refuse to send the call to you, you have got them twice. Once for misrepresentation and secondly for data protection issues in refusing a valid SAR.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on

4. Re: Deal of the Day holidays, WORST NIGHTMARE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 October 2013, 08:35
5. Re: Deal of the Day holidays, WORST NIGHTMARE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2014, 05:21