We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok + Singapore or Singapore + Kuala Lampur?

Dallas, Texas
3 posts
Save Topic
Bangkok + Singapore or Singapore + Kuala Lampur?

Dear all, I am juggling between these 2 combinations for a 6 day vacation with my family, Husband, 12 year old girl, 7 year old boy and me.

Which combination is recommended. Bangkok + Singapore or Singapore + Kuala lampur?

1. Re: Bangkok + Singapore or Singapore + Kuala Lampur?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 00:35
2. Re: Bangkok + Singapore or Singapore + Kuala Lampur?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 00:35
Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
929 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok + Singapore or Singapore + Kuala Lampur?

I have been to all three places. I would say Bangkok and SingPore. I really did not like Kula Lumpur and will never go back if I can help it. Very boringlace unles you go to the beach.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok + Singapore or Singapore + Kuala Lampur?

Bangkok is far and away number one out of those options. Singapore is a pleasant place to visit. It is a thoroughly modern city, English is spoken by almost everybody, and very easy to visit. It does have some interesting food possibilities. I have enjoyed visiting in the past and would gladly go back. Having said all that, Singapore is a commercial city, much more driven by commerce than tourism.

I have never been to KL. I will visit someday in the next few years. I have a reason to be in SE Asia every 1-2 years. From what I have seen of KL I will visit one day because I will be in the region. I am not sure I would make a special trip to SE Asia to go to KL.

And then there is Bangkok. Bangkok is pretty much the classic SE Asian city. Parts are thoroughly modern, other areas not so much. The diversity of experiences, food, and people is not equaled by Singapore or KL. In my opinion the other 2 do not come close. It is obvious I am a Bangkok fan, but I can't imagine making a trip to that corner of the world and leaving out Bangkok. I would understand if you have already been there, but if you have never been to Bangkok and you are going to SE Asia, you really should hit Bangkok.

In conclusion, Bangkok and Singapore.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
260 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok + Singapore or Singapore + Kuala Lampur?

I would vote with the above. Bankok and Singapore. Bangkok being the more interesting one. Having said that, Singapore can be a whole lot of fun with kids, it's clean, the public transport is fast, efficient and there are lots of activities for children and adults and plenty of things to see.

KL is similar to Singapore in a lot of ways and just modern, some good things to see but far less interesting.

Bangkok and Singapore definetely.

Singapore is very expensive compared to Bangkok, so may be you balance your budget out that way too. One cheap city, one more expensive one. Enjoy.

Dallas, Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bangkok + Singapore or Singapore + Kuala Lampur?

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. We made the decision based on your reviews. Bangkok and Singapore it is. Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts and help me make up my mind.

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bangkok + Singapore or Singapore + Kuala Lampur?

I recommend, Bangkok + Singapore

8. Re: Bangkok + Singapore or Singapore + Kuala Lampur?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2014, 07:19