We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July 2014 Family trip to Italy

Haz-Zebbug, Malta
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
July 2014 Family trip to Italy

Hi,

I am in the process of planning our 2014 family holiday, we would like to go to Italy but I am unsure where!! This will be our first time visiting Italy. We have two girls who will be 10 and 12. I would like our holiday to include history, culture, nature parks and maybe a theme park where all the family can have some fun.

Thanks for any ideas

Jacqueline

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,594 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July 2014 Family trip to Italy

Based on your criteria I suggest Florence, Venice and Cinque Terre..............all up in the general vicinity of Tuscany.............all breathtaking sights as well.................

Venice
Level Contributor
101 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July 2014 Family trip to Italy

You can think to visit Veneto region, you can visit Venice and the islands but also the beautiful cities on the land : Padua, Treviso, Bassano del Grappa, Asolo, the mountains but also Verona and Gardaland the amusement park ! You can also rent a car and an apartment nearby venice and get public transportation to go to the city centre. Nearby Venice there are lot of nice small towns wherte you can enjoy venetian life.

You can easily find apt on the web : Medivacanze.com, villarenters.com, Tripadvisor....

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,225 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: July 2014 Family trip to Italy

[Keep it coming, I have almost exactly the same needs, except my kids will be 12 & 14 next year. :> Already decided on flying in and out of Milan, and spending 2 - 3 weeks in this area. Will post on the Italy forums with more specific questions when I'm ready, but happy to see this thread]

Edited: 26 August 2013, 18:22
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,594 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: July 2014 Family trip to Italy

Vancouverite....................definitely take your family to Cinque Terre.............and walk the Via Del Amore....its a fantastic experience with a breathtaking view...........Cinque Terre is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, it's that beautiful..5 villages built into the rocky cliffs.............the entire country is wonderful, IMO!

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: July 2014 Family trip to Italy

We are also planning a family vacation to Italy in late June/July 2014. 4 children 10-19 - so I will also be watching this thread for ideas. Cinque Terre is a must on our list, but we plan to include Rome as well.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,594 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: July 2014 Family trip to Italy

Rome, Italy is a fantastic, completely unique city.......an amazing place to visit with your family.....

Click on the blue link contained within this post for a portal to information on everything to do with Rome...

Edited: 03 September 2013, 14:32
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: July 2014 Family trip to Italy

I'm planning a similar trip for May/June 2014 with my husband and 18 & 21 year old daughters. I'd like to go to Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome & Sorrento. My original plan & budget was for 3 weeks & $20k. Does this seem reasonable? I'm getting quotes from a travel agent and just for the hotel & land transportation, it's $19K...that's without airfare, food, & tours. Am I trying to do too much? Should we cut out Venice?

8. Re: July 2014 Family trip to Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2013, 14:29
Edited: 16 September 2013, 14:29
9. Re: July 2014 Family trip to Italy

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2013, 14:29
Edited: 16 September 2013, 14:29
10. Re: July 2014 Family trip to Italy

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

Removed on: 25 December 2013, 14:35