We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
90 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
anaheim

hi my family and I are looking at going to the usa in nov 2014 .we are in Anaheim for 10 days and am wondering if this is too long?also us aussies can get a 10 day diseyland pass and am wondering if we will need this long?we are going to use Anaheim as our base to also visit Hollywood etc etc we will have an 7 & 9 yo with us

also is nov a cheap time to travel to the usa from Australia(Adelaide)

thanks for any help given

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anaheim

Hi

Can't say if 10 days Anaheim is too long because I don't know your kids. Anyway there's a lot more to see if you want to drive (and relocate) like Legoland Carlsbad, Seaworld and Zoos in San Diego and countless places in LA. It's just one hour between Anaheim and Hollywood by car but rushhour traffic can be horrendous and of course you'll have a lot of beaches nearby. If you want to see San Diego attractions I'd stay in San Diego and if you want to do more places in LA like Universal I'd stay Hollywood.

Tet

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anaheim

For things to do I'd check the local forums for Anaheim, San Diego and Los Angeles.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anaheim

I think, for most people, a 10-day pass for Disneyland would be too long. As others have said, there is plenty to see in the Southern California area and, in general, it's recommended that you spend a few days at Disney, and then explore LA/San Diego and beyond.

November in Southern California will have average temps in the high 60's to 70's, low in the 50's, it should be quite pleasant, though I'd expect some rain. Remember the American Thanksgiving holiday is generally the 4th Thursday in November, which for 2014 will be November 27, 2014. The days around Thanksgiving are very busy travel days, (Wed, Nov 26 & Sun, Nov 30 should be some of the busiest travel days of the year) and flights and hotels tend to be high priced at that time, so if you can avoid that week, that would be advised. Otherwise the weeks in November leading up to Thanksgiving are relatively quiet, a nice time to travel, and often one of the cheapest times of the year.

As an FYI - do note that should you ever want to visit Disney World in Florida, it is much larger, very different, and more expansive than Disneyland in California, and in Florida, a 10-day pass would be just fine.

Enjoy your trip!

4. Re: anaheim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2014, 05:17