We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A group of families with teen boys going on vacation

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
A group of families with teen boys going on vacation

We have a group of 7 families and all of us have a 17-18 yr old boys and then 13 yr old boys trying to find a fun place with lots of activities to do so all the boys are busy in march 2015. All the families are willing to spend 5000 to 6000 dollars for an all inclusive resort somewhere warm that includes airfare in the price. Will probably fly out of Chicago area. We do want somewhere that would be safe to go and explore during the day. We also want a large white sand beach that isn't full of seaweed with the resort offering some water activities. We were probably thinking Mexico or the Caribbean? Does anyone have suggestions of locations and or suggestions of all inclusive resorts? Thank you for any suggestions you can provide.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,409 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A group of families with teen boys going on vacation

Hi,

Asking family friends, in a similar situation with teenage kids, these two came highly recommended;

Beaches Resort Ocho Rios- http://www.beaches.com/main/bo/bo-home.cfm

Iberostar Rose Hall - iberostar.com/en/…iberostar-rose-hall-beach

The latter company has a few well known child friendly resorts in Europe also.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,804 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A group of families with teen boys going on vacation

I suggest the Riviera Maya area of Mexico as a place that will give you excellent family oriented all-inclusive properties, and a wealth of activities to do off of the resort also.....one of my favorite resorts here is the Iberostar Maya Hotel at Playa Paraiso Beach,or it's sister hotel, the Lindo, which are part of a complex located 20 minutes from the lively town of Playa Del Carmen and 25 minutes from the Cancun airport..they have all sorts of activites to keep your boys busy including a lazy river ride, a wave pool, among many frre form pools, archery lessons, beach cookouts to name a few things.....teen disco next door to adult disco at night as well...........browse through some of the hundreds of glowing reports here on TA.....I've found that Jamaica has many beautiful resorts ,some of which are mentioned in the previous post, but on the times I've visited, once I've left the resort grounds, I've been repeatedly solicited to by locals trying to sell me and my travel companions everything you could possibly imagine...and then some.....actually the sale can begin at the Montego Bay airport upon arrival......I don't really care for the constant harassment of local vendors when I'm on vacation.................in any case, if the Riviera Maya region is of interest to you, clicking on the blue links in this post for the area will give you a wealth of information on this destination...

Edited: 11 January 2014, 19:33
Freeport, New York
Destination Expert
for Long Island
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A group of families with teen boys going on vacation

Also, keep in mind that the 18 year olds will be allowed to drink at AIs in Mexico--and many countries in the Caribbean.

And we also really like the Iberostar chain too.

Edited: 11 January 2014, 21:18
Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: A group of families with teen boys going on vacation

Hi LisaWe185 - Welcome to the Forums!

I think your families, and boys, would find more than there is time to do in Nassau, and on Paradise Island. For an all inclusive I'd look at the RIU Palace, on a gorgeous beach with everything under the sun (literally!) to keep everyone busy :)

If you'd like it a little quieter, with watersports also included, there's Club Med Columbus Isle, on San Salvador.

Happy Planning!

Edited: 15 January 2014, 05:14
5. Re: A group of families with teen boys going on vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 05:18