We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Young Child 1st Holiday abroad

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Young Child 1st Holiday abroad

Hi, We want to take my little girl who is 2 on her first sunny beach holiday. Thinking of Spain/Majorca as short flight but have no idea what areas are best for young children? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Looking to go late May/Early June and want to avoid clubbing resorts. Hotel or apartment, open to any ideas... Thanks ;0)

truro
Level Contributor
899 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Young Child 1st Holiday abroad

Majorca

The resort of Alcudia is very family orientated with plenty of offer.

Nightlife is based around hotels,restaurants and family friendly bars.

Ibiza

Portinax is a very small peaceful resort,much smaller than Alcudia.Perfect for toddlers.

Minorca

Pretty much every resort is a family one.

Though a handful of resorts have rocky beaches.Be careful when choosing your resort here as I imagine you'd like a sandy beach.

These are lovely in Minorca.

Spain I have never been it always conjures up for me images of Benidorm or Calella.

I have heard Nerja is a smaller peaceful resort.

The Algarve in Portugal is an option for you too.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Young Child 1st Holiday abroad

Thanks Chrissy, really helpful I will start looking now!

truro
Level Contributor
899 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Young Child 1st Holiday abroad

Let me know where you choose

Have a great holiday with the little un :)

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,357 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Young Child 1st Holiday abroad

Hi Paul,

As chrissy suggested above have a look at Portugal's Algarve, the following link may be of help.

www.algarveuncovered.com

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,274 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Young Child 1st Holiday abroad

Paul.................all good suggestions above, but please check in with the actual Destination forums/TA travel Guides......it is there that you will find the most detailed/comprehensive ideas/advice.....the local Destination Experts and forum regulars will have more to tell you

Majorca, Ibiza, Minorca, The Algarve, all have their own dedicated forums and can be reached by simply clicking on the blue links you see in this post.....

6. Re: Young Child 1st Holiday abroad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2015, 05:20