We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

appropriate clothing for kids in India

Elliot Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
appropriate clothing for kids in India

I'm taking my six year old boy to India in April. Are shorts going to be appropriate for him to wear to visit temples or should he be wearing pants like his Dad? Should they be below the knee?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
28,157 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: appropriate clothing for kids in India

The web link below should help.......

…about.com/od/…india-donts.htm

Elliot Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: appropriate clothing for kids in India

Thanks. Somewhere I have read that it was culturally appropriate for young boys to wear shorts, but I can't find the reference. I'll go stay on the safe side and pack another pair of pants.

3. Re: appropriate clothing for kids in India

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 July 2014, 08:35
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,157 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: appropriate clothing for kids in India

You could also try your question on an actual forum for India, instead of a general forum like this one...you don't say where in India you're visiting though, so I' guessing......TA has destination forums for locations all over the world, and those forums are a great resource for information pertaining to travel to their respective areas....if you're visiting New Delhi, or Mumbai, or Bangalore or Kolkata, or whichever city there, then ask your question on one of those forums, so the local Destinaton Experts can advise you too....

5. Re: appropriate clothing for kids in India

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 July 2014, 08:35
Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: appropriate clothing for kids in India

It is perfectly fine for a 6 yr old boy to wear shorts when visiting temples and other places of worship in India.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: appropriate clothing for kids in India

Yes, It is best for a 6 yr old boy to wear shorts when visiting temples and other places of worship in India.

1. kurta pazama

2. tshirt jeans

3. shirt pant

its is best thing...

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,157 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: appropriate clothing for kids in India

Just as a follow-up, the OP has already come and gone.....they took their trip last April

9. Re: appropriate clothing for kids in India

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 05:15