We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belize or Canadian Rockies

Level Contributor
393 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Belize or Canadian Rockies

I'm looking for feedback and posting this in a few forums. We're a family of 4 with an 18 & 22 year old. Looking to travel in July for about 10 days. Would like activities like hiking, zip lining, kayaking, horse back riding, etc as well as some "down time" for relaxing a bit also. I picked these 2 locations that we've never been to. They have a lot of similarities and differences as well. We're from NJ and I'm looking to compare experiences, costs, travel time etc. Any pros or cons, weather its the time of year, strength of US $ or personal experience would be appreciated.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,086 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belize or Canadian Rockies

July is a nice time to visit the Rockies, and you'll certainly be able to do some hiking in beautiful surroundings.......as for the strength of the U.S. $ in July, I don't think anyone can make a prediction....best advice in that regard is to check with a foreign exchange/bank/financial institution....the Alberta forum and TA Travel page would have more information for you if you wanted to ask specific questions of the local experts and delve deeper into what the Rockies can offer...click on the blue link in this post to reach the TA Travel guide.....chances are the weather in July in Belize will be somewhat rainy, but the locals on the Belize forum could give you comprehensive advice, too.......click on the link to reach them.............

Edited: 08 March 2014, 13:54
Long Island NY
Level Contributor
789 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belize or Canadian Rockies

I would vote for Belize. You have jungle, beach and Myan ruins all within a very small area. split your time between jungle and beach. Have a look at Ian Anderson's Caves branch. We have been twice. It fits your description perfectly. Then head to Cauker or Ambergres Caye for downtime.

3. Re: Belize or Canadian Rockies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2015, 05:18