We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels for my girls to NY for 1st time,13 & 9

Cartersville...
2 posts
Save Topic
Hotels for my girls to NY for 1st time,13 & 9

First trip, would they enjoy Times Square hotel or The Plaza at Central Park more? Doing typical first time stuff, Broadway Play and all. Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,782 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels for my girls to NY for 1st time,13 & 9

Hello,

Do you mean The Hotel at Times Square?

Regardless, the difference between a great majority of the properties in Times Square, and something like The Plaza is a quantum leap apart - in style, type and price. To put it into perspective, The Plaza would be one of the premier hotels in NYC, whereas The Hotel at Times Square would be sort of 'middle of the road'.

If you're wishing for a slightly better family hotel in Times Square, the Hilton Times Square is considerably better. But having said that, there is no one 'central' location better than another, as attractions are spread out all over. Times Square is essentially only of benefit if you're distinctly after that location for access to threatre - otherwise it's of no advantage, and depending on the dates of travel, it's can get extremely hectic. Many New Yorkers avoid/not recommend Times Square for that reason.

There are so many great options everywhere - Midtown, Upper West Side, so it really comes down to your priorities, tastes and budget. As long as you're nearby a subway, it's easy to get from your hotels to all the attractions. But if your budget is high, then absolutely consider properties around Central Park.

And with a family of two children, you may want to consider a 'suite' styled hotel with separate living and bedding areas - just some more space.

I suggest you repost this question in the destination forum for NYC here - tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g60763-i5-New_Y…

Edited: 11 May 2014, 06:28
Cartersville...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels for my girls to NY for 1st time,13 & 9

Thanks for info. I have not chosen a hotel if we decide to stay in Time Square rather than The Plaza. Being our first trip and probably last for few years to Ny, I wanted to be in an iconic location with convenient access to all. I would choose a higher end hotel with great city views. Although live near In Atlanta our daily views are rivers and trees. I appreciate your help. Lots to choose from. We have a good list of things to do and tickets to a good play.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,113 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels for my girls to NY for 1st time,13 & 9

The actual destination forum for New York City will have lots of advice re: options for accommodation and other questions...you can easily reach that forum from here...just click on the blue link in this post.....have fun there, it's an exciting town!

4. Re: Hotels for my girls to NY for 1st time,13 & 9

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2015, 06:16