We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lombok transfer in Denpasar

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Lombok transfer in Denpasar

Our family is traveling to Lombok, with Garuda airlines. We have a five hour gap while we wait for our Lombok flight. Any tips on how to fill the time? And how easy/tricky is the transfer?

Thanks emjo

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
13,989 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lombok transfer in Denpasar

Denpaser is not the most exciting airport in the world, but the locals on the Bali forum may be able to suggest if there are any local hotels that have a swimming pool and restaurant.

I'd suggest posting your question in the Bali forum ( where Bali comes up in blue text, just click on it)

I'm not sure either if you can leave the airport while en route either, so perhaps you'll need to ask a supplementary question too.

Edited: 11 May 2014, 09:39
Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lombok transfer in Denpasar

Thanks mcpinder, I think we'll be staying in the airport. Am hoping for some tips re - the lounges, and any tips on the transfer -

Thanks for your reply - first time I've used tripadvisor! Emjoaus

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
13,989 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lombok transfer in Denpasar

Emjoaus.... on the one hand the Denpaser airport isn't huge, so it's easy to navigate, no long queue's for immigration, baggage etc... but on the other hand ..although it gets a lot on international flights in and out, there isn't much there!

Lounge access... depends on your class of travel, but I don't remember if there was a pay per entry lounge. If you go to www.baliairport.com you may find more information, or try youtube

With 4 or 5 hours between flights, it may be possible to spend time at one of the airport hotels and use them for a meal and a swim. The Bali forum really would be the best place to ask.

The airport is in the extreme south of Bali, and so some distance from the major beaches and resorts. As Balinese drivers are very mindful of speed restrictions... getting to the resorts further north may not be possible for a 3 hour window.

4. Re: Lombok transfer in Denpasar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 06:16