We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2014 Christmas Getaway with a teenage girl - WHERE DO WE GO?

Port Macquarie...
3 posts
Save Topic
2014 Christmas Getaway with a teenage girl - WHERE DO WE GO?

Australian Family of three (mum, 14y/o daughter & step dad) wanting ideas on all inclusive holiday destination's to go for Christmas this year - would love to be able to swim, explore, relax, shop. A Warm destination not too hot, is preferred - no snow thanks. 4+ star accommodation - budget including flights will be about $10K.

Edited: 12 May 2014, 04:15
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2014 Christmas Getaway with a teenage girl - WHERE DO WE GO?

Hi Lisa.......what area are you looking to travel to......how long a flight are you willing to make...how long is the vacation for?..Thanks

Port Macquarie...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2014 Christmas Getaway with a teenage girl - WHERE DO WE GO?

Hi Eden, we are thinking two weeks so we can see in the New Year as well. Flying time is not really an issue, although we would be flying economy (which we all know is soooo comfortable ESP when you are bigger or have long legs!!) Hubby & I have been to Phuket before & it was beautiful, would love my daughters first time traveling out of Australia to incorporate more than just lazing around, throw in some cultural tours etc would be great. So hard when our world is full of so many beautiful places- also a bit scary when your traveling with a beautiful teenage girl, her safety is first & foremost for us as well.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2014 Christmas Getaway with a teenage girl - WHERE DO WE GO?

Lisa...............from my part of the world (North America) I would suggest the Riviera Maya or other areas of Mexico, or the Dominican Republic, which abound with wonderful family oriented all-inclusive resorts, but these are long-haul destinations for you............all-inclusive properties closer to home for you, I don't know of, and anything near Europe would be cold that time of year..........we travel with our teenage daughter all the time and 14 is a good age for doing so....

Port Macquarie...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 2014 Christmas Getaway with a teenage girl - WHERE DO WE GO?

Hi Eden, yes a long haul-we are now thinking Hawaii - have you been before?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2014 Christmas Getaway with a teenage girl - WHERE DO WE GO?

Hi Lisa..............no, I've not been to Hawaii, but have quite a few relatives that have, and they all loved it...you say you're looking for all-inclusive, so this is what I've focused on......Mexico and the DR have the greatest number of this type of accommodation, also giving you the activities off -resort you have listed, especially Mexico, and will be warm/lovely in December/January................Hawaii is great...but no all-inclusives, so this is a choice you'd need to consider..........

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
122 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2014 Christmas Getaway with a teenage girl - WHERE DO WE GO?

Hawaii is a fantastic choice - beautiful place, weather, lots of activities including cultural plus great shopping. Also easy to get to from Australia with direct Qantas , Jetstar and Hawaiian Airlines flights. Air New Zealand fly there as well so you may wish for a free stopover in Auckland on the way there or back . There are plenty of affordable eating places so really don't worry about the inclusive.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,758 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2014 Christmas Getaway with a teenage girl - WHERE DO WE GO?

If you have two weeks, Hawaii would be a good place to go because you'll have time to try 2 or 3 islands. ( I would never suggest going to Hawaii for only a week unless you've been before)

All of the islands are quite different from each other, so it makes for a very interesting, varied, and beautiful trip.

There are a few all inclusives, and a lot of wonderful restaurants and food off of the resorts. If you really want all inclusive there, you could go AI one week on one island and go hotel for another island or two. Or just go two islands and all inclusive at both.

Here's a few AI's, not sure they are all AI's though.

tripadvisor.com/HotelsList-Hawaii-All-Inclus…

Edited: 18 May 2014, 05:45
8. Re: 2014 Christmas Getaway with a teenage girl - WHERE DO WE GO?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 05:16