We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campsites in England

Kettering, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
Campsites in England

Hi. Thinking of taking my 12 year old son camping for a weekend. We have 3-man tent and I want to take as little as possible but we need a decent toilet/shower block. Apart from that, not fussed about any other facilities but does need to be within an hour's drive of Kettering. Welcome any advice about minimalist camping, entertaining a teenager and good sites! Thanks.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,761 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Campsites in England

Hello Rikihoa...............welcome to the forums...........................................there is a TripAdvisor forum dedicated to travel specifically in your area of England, so I recommend you post a question there too..........this way Northamptonshire forum destination experts, who have knowledge of the local area an surroundings, can give you first hand advice.....this travel forum is more general in scope..........good luck with your travels!

Edited: 27 May 2014, 12:49
2. Re: Campsites in England

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 May 2014, 12:53
West Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Campsites in England

Why not have a look at a specific camping website.

UKCampsite.co.uk is good. There are reviews and details for many campsites on the there.

Kettering, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Campsites in England

Thanks, Eden7. I'm new to all this so didn't know about that specific forum.

Kettering, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Campsites in England

Hi. Yes, I've had a little look on there, thanks. Still would appreciate any further recommendations. Cheers.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,761 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Campsites in England

Ah, no worries Rikihoa....we were all new to TA at one point :)...............I see you've posted on the destination forum now, and have received some good suggestions.......hope you have a wonderful time with your son!

Kettering, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Campsites in England

Thanks Eden7. Just need it to stop raining here now!!! BTW I don't know why I have some tropical-looking idyll above my name - certainly not a picture of Kettering, UK! Doesn't appear in my Profile either - any ideas how to change it to something more realistic?? Cheers.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,106 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Campsites in England

Rikihoa - to change your profile pic click on "your Triipadvisor" at tge top of this page. Then click 'profile' & you will be able top load a new photo there.

Kettering, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Campsites in England

Thanks. Easy when you know how!

10. Re: Campsites in England

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 05:16