We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going on a cruise?

Bournemouth, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Going on a cruise?

Hello travel mates. We are in the planning process of our next holiday and cannot decide how to spend it. I was hoping you can give us some advice or tips regarding cruises!?

Have you guys ever gone on a cruise?

If yes, how did you like it? Can you tell me something about your experiences?

If no, why not? What put you off?

Thank you very much. Every tip is helpful :)

Best,

Versa

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
28,474 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going on a cruise?

I like cruises and have been on a few, with and without children...........I'm pretty open to most modes of travel, and cruising is just another one of them....I see you've posted some questions on the Cruises forum, so that's a good avenue to check..........being at sea is nice/interesting experience....travelling to many places in a "floating hotel" with lovely ambience and good dining options are another...

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going on a cruise?

We have been on 2 cruises last year to Carribean and to Alaska and in a couple of month we are cruising to Hawaii. But cruises always are part of our vacations and we combine with road trips. We can't do without balconies on the ship but those rooms are more expensive. Keep in mind alcoholic drinks are usually not included in the cruise prices and tips are around $ 12,-- pppd

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
28,474 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going on a cruise?

Tet makes good points about cruising.........I've never yet seen alcohol included in the price, and yes tipping is extra...

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
8,211 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going on a cruise?

Love cruising, but you offer very little information about your interests and what your interests are. There are River Cruises, ocean cruises and destination cruises. Do you want warm sunshine, adventure or scenic?

NC
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going on a cruise?

Between hubby and I have, we have 14 cruises under our belts and it's still our favorite type of vacation. We also do land vacations and road trips, but I REALLY love the cruising because I don't have to do any cooking or cleaning the entire cruise!! Someone else cooks for me and cleans up after me. You literally don't lift a finger.

The thing we love most about cruising is getting to experience many different places within that time frame without having to pack, drive, unpack, pack, drive, unpack...you get the idea.

There are things not included in the cruise price; however, not everyone drinks alcohol, so if you don't, then that will not be an added expense. Not everyone gambles. Your cabin, food and shows are included, so you don't have to spend a dime on the ship if you don't want to. I actually know someone that cruises and never spends an extra penny while on the ship.

We also only sail with our balcony cabin. We are official members of the "balcony snob club" and are very proud of it....lol!!!

If cruising is something you are considering, you need to do it at least once. If you don't like it, then you never have to do another one. If you don't try it, then you will never know. Warning-warning----cruising is addictive! If you love it, you will be planning another while suffering PCD....post-cruise depression.

6. Re: Going on a cruise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 06:15