We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Independent Holiday For Teens

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
First Independent Holiday For Teens

\What are the best european destinations for a low cost 'sun and sand' type holiday in September this year?

Son and his girlfriend are planning their first holiday together, and obviously money is tight, but they'd like to do the proper gown up thing as they'll both be 19 by then.

Neither of them fancies the whole clubbing and drinking-till-you-fall-over type holiday, they're just keen to be in a resort that caters well for tourists, but obviously money is tight and they're looking for the best deals.

We're looking at Spain at the moment, is that the best for cheap packages?

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Independent Holiday For Teens

Hi,

You could also consider Portugal's Algarve as it's also one of the best value for money destinations in Europe.

www.algarveuncovered.com

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Independent Holiday For Teens

I agree, Algarve is a great destination for them but they also can consider Canary islands. When I was their age I went with my girlfriend to Barcelona and Costa Brava and had a blast. Of course Barcelona is not cheap. Another option is Costa del Sol. Andalusia has wonderful places to visit.

West Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Independent Holiday For Teens

How about Costa Brava? There are quite a few resorts up that coastline - some very lively, some not so much.

They could also take a day trip or two into Barcelona on the train.

I went to Calella last May for a few days - and it was quite a nice resort. At the time it wasn't overly busy as it was May - but I think in high season there will be much more going on. Nice beach - lots of shops and bars etc.

Also up that coast is Santa Susanna, Malgrat de Mar.

Have you considered not doing a package and booking flights and accommodation separately? Of course, they may not be confident enough travellers to cope with the transfers etc, but it is a good way to keep the costs down if you do it right.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Independent Holiday For Teens

Thanks for those ideas.

Yes I have looked at doing the flights and accommodation separately and might still go down that route, but the point about them not being confident travellers (yet, hopefully!) is bang on.

They're a pretty timid pair, exasperatingly so at times, so keeping it easy and simple is important.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Independent Holiday For Teens

No worries. We all were newbies once.

6. Re: First Independent Holiday For Teens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 05:17