We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas Needed!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Ideas Needed!

Hi,

We are based in Dubai and have a 2.5 year old son. We want to take a nice week long vacation in Sep 14. I need some ideas and inspiration of places we can visit that would be in the 6-8 hour fly range from Dubai. We have already visited South East Asia (Thailand/Singapore/Malaysia) and would not want to visit there again right now. Nor are we looking at India/SL etc.

Any ideas and suggestions of places and things to do would be welcome...!!

Thank you!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,581 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas Needed!

Hello..........welcome to the TA forums..............

Excluding all of the places you've already been to, I shall add these destinations you can reach with an approximate 4.5 - 8 hour flight duration from Dubai, direct flight --- you can reach many points in Europe including the U.K., Belgium, Croatia , France, Austria, Italy and Greece, plus more.....you can reach Algeria, Albania, Egypt, Andorra, Brunei and even Scandinavia.........so you have quite a few options, and the weather in Europe especially will be nice in September..........most places are child friendly, and at 2.5 years of age, your child will not be hard to please, time spent with family, will be a top priority.......best to keep the flight time short, if possible............consider some of the destinations I've mentioned, and when you find something that appeals, check in with the TripAdvisor destination forum for that location to find out more specific details from the local experts, as to what to do there and where to stay.......

I am leaving you a link for a travel website which will help you calculate travel distances and flight durations from any city to another city, worldwide.......good luck with your research and safe and happy travels...

http://www.happyzebra.com

Edited: 21 July 2014, 13:59
kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
12,030 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas Needed!

Gnair, I've not long returned from Sri Lanka and would happily recommend it as a family destination.

There's a new motorway running from Columbo to the very south of the island,providing quick access to the many excellent south and east coast beach resorts and hotels.

However, I'd recommend you visit the SL travel forum to check weather conditions and in particular which part of the island has the best beaches in September. Sometimes the east coast is best for safe swimming, other times it's the west coast. The hill country in the centre of the island is less humid and can be affected by seasonal rain, but the scenery is stunning.

Day safari's to the many national parks are very popular, but given your son's age, this may be a bit ambitious. However, the Born Free Foundation do have a small elephant orphange that may be more suitable.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas Needed!

Thanks...Appreciate the response!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ideas Needed!

I have been to SL couple of years back and therefore am not looking at going back immediately. But, thank you for the response!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
107 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ideas Needed!

Hello,

How about going to Turkey or Greece. They are perfect around that time of the year, because it's not that hot as in the summer months. They both have great beaches and resorts and they are perfect for families with children.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,581 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ideas Needed!

You're welcome Gnair77............

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Ideas Needed!

You can definitely visit Egypt .It is a very beautiful country. It is my favorite country. I know a very popular travel agency known as Ask Aladdin. You can contact them. They help you your traveling time.

8. Re: Ideas Needed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 21:55
9. Re: Ideas Needed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 05:15