We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family of 8

west midlands
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Family of 8

We're looking to book next year's holiday and are really stuck on where to go. There are 4 adults and 3 children aged 7, 4 and 1. My parents have mentioned Goa but I don't want to go as I feel children are too little go there. They have done a long haul flight before so they would be ok if they did another. We're looking for all inclusive as well. So please can you give us a few ideas or recommendations. Thank you x

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,110 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family of 8

Hello.......................the first question I have for you is when/what dates are you planning this trip for...........IMO, this is one of the most important considerations - weather patterns and all that!...........secondly, how long is vacation for?.....................I do not suggest flying for very long periods of time, especially with a one year old, lap child I assume....who will be holding the child?.....you'd want to keep the time period as short as possible, Id think?.............with more information from you, the forum members can help give you some viable suggestions........

west midlands
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Family of 8

It'll be in late April- May time and it would be for 2 weeks. Like I say with regards to the flying we went to Florida in Apr and they were all ok with flying and when went we all the adults had a turn with the youngest and she did sleep as well. We'd definitely like to go all inclusive as well.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,110 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family of 8

The weather in the Caribbean Islands and Mexico is excellent April/May...........Dominican Republic is very much an all-inclusive island, as is Mexico...........many, many excellent family style resorts in both DR, (I like the Punta Cana area myself), although there are many resort areas on the island, and the Riviera Maya/Cancun areas and Puerto Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta areas also have a massive number of very good to excellent all-inclusive family friendly resorts...........if you're looking in the Med area, try Holiday Villages....many locations/islands and great family facilities.......

4. Re: Family of 8

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 06:16