We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel won't guarantee interconnecting rooms

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel won't guarantee interconnecting rooms

Hi we are going to vietan next April, 8 months away and were planning to stay at the sunrise hoi an resort. We are traveling with our children and have asked for interconnecting rooms and the hotel says they can't guarantee and that's it's been noted. I can't believe they won't guarantee and if we get there and we are spilt I can't do anything about it but for my husband and I to spilt up and be with a child each. Is this common? Should we risk it? Travel agent said they should honour request but I feel uneasy without guarantee. Anyone else been in same boat?

Have 3 lots of friends stay at sunrise that's why we wanted to go there but none of them needed interconnecting children under 4 and stayed in same room.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,110 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel won't guarantee interconnecting rooms

It's a very common practice with hotels.....no guarantee, but we'll try our best ......

Edited: 14 August 2014, 13:56
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,790 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel won't guarantee interconnecting rooms

Absolutely normal practice as mentioned by Eden.

The reason for this, is that contrary to popular beliefs, each hotel has a very limited number of interconnecting rooms. And by guaranteeing them, it makes it awfully difficult and inflexible for the hotel - especially during a busy period. So it all depends on occupancy leading up to your date of arrival.

The hotels try very hard, but if either of the rooms that interconnect are occupied (for any set of interconnecting rooms), then they simply can't provide it. That's why it's never guaranteed.

Edited: 14 August 2014, 15:14
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel won't guarantee interconnecting rooms

Then what options do u have as family

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,790 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel won't guarantee interconnecting rooms

Plenty.

Look at suite styled rooms, designated family rooms, apartments, or look at splitting the parents and children between the two rooms.

5. Re: Hotel won't guarantee interconnecting rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 05:17