We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage Management

Webster, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage Management

Howdy! My family will be traveling to Europe (various destinations) next summer, and we have a question that is consistently coming up in our planning, namely "What do we do with these suitcases while we're traveling?"

Here's a sample problem I'm trying to noodle through:

Get on the rail at Schiphol (arrival) and take the train to Amsterdam, get off the train and look around, then get back on and travel to Zaanse Shans for the rest of the day and overnight. What can we do with the suitcases during our "stop over" in Amsterdam? Is there a place in most rail stations to store bags / luggage for day trippers?

I am limiting the family to one US sized carryon bag and one "shoulder bag" like a backpack for a day bag. But I'm having a total mental block figuring out what to do with those carryons if we are making a stop "between hotels".

Any ideas appreciated. Solid answers excitedly welcomed!

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage Management

Amsterdam Central station has storage lockers. Location specific questions like this will get more attention on the forum of the location. amsterdam.info/central-station/…

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,106 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage Management

Yes good idea to post on the location forums, link here tripadvisor.com.au/ListForums-g4-i11-Europe.…

TA also has a train travel forum, you might pick up some tips there as well tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g1-i12483-Train…

Webster, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage Management

Thanks All! I'll track this down per station as information allows. Appreciate the direction!

4. Re: Luggage Management

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 06:17