We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caribbean resort with childcare for baby?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Caribbean resort with childcare for baby?

My husband and I are considering going on a beach vacation with our baby this winter. The kiddo will be between 11 and 14 months depending on when we go. We'd like to find a place that offers decent childcare for kids that young--doesn't have to be included in the hotel price, we don't mind paying an extra fee for using it, just would like it to be on-site--so we can have an hour or two to ourselves now and then.

We'd prefer a Caribbean location that's on the less expensive side (Mexico, Jamaica, Cuba, Dominican) and all-inclusive (but willing to consider not if there at least are good restaurants in the resort).

Any recommendations or suggestions?

Thanks!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,258 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caribbean resort with childcare for baby?

Hello melusine33.....................................................I recommend you post the question on a destination forum for any/all of the places you're interested in visiting, and pose the baby care question ..........most larger resorts have child care/babysitting of some sort, but you'd need to arrange that with them directly - babysitting services are not usually listed with hotel amenities, but many will provide it for an extra cost....and there is no across the board standard...ie-its up to the individual hotel as to how / what they can provide you with and the costs for same........my thoughts are that you find a destination you and your husband want to go to/resort you want to stay at, and then ask about babysitting arrangements with the resort (via email maybe) prior to booking......I'm of the opinion that most places will find a staff member or someone to babysit for you.......by checking on the destination forums, you can get opinions/research places to stay at, and get feedback from the locals and forum regulars...someone will likely have recent experience to share with you......

Edited: 29 August 2014, 15:15
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,258 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caribbean resort with childcare for baby?

In Mexico, I like the Riviera Maya region, although Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas are great too..............a reasonably priced, good family friendly resort I think you'll like is the Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal, located in the Playacar area, near the lively town of Playa Del Carmen...I'm fairly certain they could find a babysitter for your child.....there are lots of reviews here on TA about the resort and candid photos too..

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
489 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caribbean resort with childcare for baby?

I suggest that you take a look at Club Med, who are well known for their children's program's. We stayed at their Cancun property and loved it, but they also have a resort on the west coast of Mexico.

4. Re: Caribbean resort with childcare for baby?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 06:16