We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We need a U.S. all-inclusive resort

Irvine
Level Contributor
21 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
We need a U.S. all-inclusive resort

Hi...we are planning a vacation to include immediate and extended family. There are about 19 of us altogether. Youngest is 5 and the oldest is Grandma and Grandpa.

ONE person is generously paying for everyone. The budget is 50K. We're all open-minded, except ONE family member who has stipulations. (Isn't that always the way?) :-)

The stipulations are...no cruise (doesn't like to be on a boat the whole vacation,) no leaving the U.S. (dangit,) and she doesn't want to fly (so Hawaii is out.) HOWEVER, she is willing to drive from her home wherever in the 50 U.S. States we end up visiting.

We would like to visit and all-inclusive place so meals are prepared and already paid for. Hopefully, this will simplify all the details of mealtimes.

I would love ANY suggestions, and thanks!

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,359 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We need a U.S. all-inclusive resort

What type of facilities are you looking for?

Zion Ponderosa outside of Zion National Park is great. You can make it all inclusive or a la carte. There are a ton of activities that you can do, including kids clubs. The scenery is beautiful as well.

If you are lookinf for more camping style - look into Montecito Sequioa Lodge. It is all inclusive, again with a lot of activities.

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We need a U.S. all-inclusive resort

What time of year??

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We need a U.S. all-inclusive resort

Sorry, but I have to recommend a cruise anyway!! You can go on a cruise with a tag along to a land vacation. My suggestion is Disney Wonder cruise, 3 days, with a 4 day park hopper pass to the parks.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
269 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We need a U.S. all-inclusive resort

How about Club Med in Florida...Sandiper Club Med- All inclusive..

They have all inclusive...

You would have to travel California to Florida...That might be a bit long... perhaps renting one of those luxury busses....

Other than that you could just go to Palm Springs, I am sure you could find a fine Inn or resort who could offer Meal Plans.

long island, ny
Level Contributor
264 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We need a U.S. all-inclusive resort

You don't say where you are coming from. There is a resort in the Pocono's in PA called Woodloch Pines that is supposed to be fantastic for this sort of thing. It is supposed to be like a cruise on land. It is very family oriented. I haven't been there yet, but my family is booked there for next summer, based on recommendations.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
365 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We need a U.S. all-inclusive resort

How about a Dude Ranch? There are several all inclusive ranches in Arizona that although I've never been look very nice and offer alot for people of all ages.

We've checked into them several times and staying at a ranch is on our to do list. Just havent gotten there yet?

7. Re: We need a U.S. all-inclusive resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 20:20