We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naples to Castelmezzano

Ottsville...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Naples to Castelmezzano

Hi,

My friend and I are traveling from Naples to the zip line: IL VOLO DELL'ANGELO in Castelmezzano. I looked on the website but it is not very clear how to get there by taking a train and what bus to take there. I have seen that taking a rental car is the easiest option but it is also very expensive to rent a car just to go to the zip line for a few hours, ideally a train and bus would be best for us. Please let me know any advice you have, I'm having a lot of trouble reading train tables and such. Thanks!

Cassie

2 replies to this topic
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
14,061 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Naples to Castelmezzano

You would take the train from Naples to Potenza; it's not clear to me which station is closest to a bus stop so I'd go to Potenza Centrale. You may need to take a cab to the bus, so leave plenty of time just in case.

The bus doesn't run often throughout the day, so I'd go very early and be prepared to wait around.

Here's the bus schedule: sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…SITA_102.pdf

The web site for this company is pretty awful, the directions in Italian and in English are pretty sketchy and only get you to the town, not specifically to the business location. If I were you, I would not set out until I had more specific information. They do have a contact e-mail address on the site (on this page: http://www.volodellangelo.com/eng/web/contatti.asp), I'd write and ask for better, more specific directions. For example, where do you get the bus in Potenza, what exactly is the address of the bus stop? Also, where do you get off the bus in Castelmezzano, and how do you get to them from that stop?

Potenza, Italy
Level Contributor
321 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Naples to Castelmezzano

The train to Castelmezzano stops in the valley about 8 km from the town (you're going to the mountains).

You can take the bus or train from Naples to Potenza Centrale train/bus station. From here you would have to walk to catch the bus to Castelmezzano. There is a taxi at the train/bus station: http://www.taxi-potenza.com/.

Be aware the bus schedules are reduced when school finishes later this month.

Also the Volo dell'Angelo is delayed in opening this year as they found birds nesting in the support framing. No specifics on opening date so check with the operator before you head this way..

Reply to: Naples to Castelmezzano
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Castelmezzano