We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Island or Galley Bay, Antigua (their sister resort)

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
Save Topic
Palm Island or Galley Bay, Antigua (their sister resort)

Has anyone been to both resorts and can give a view on both - which would you say is best for peace and quiet, good food and comfort. We have stayed at Palm Island but not Galley Bay their sister resort, we're considering both for this year as have good prices at the moment but cannot decide which to book.

Know Antigua well as have previously stayed at Cocobay 4 times and always wanted to go to Galley Bay but Palm Island was excellent, oh decisions!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
189 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palm Island or Galley Bay, Antigua (their sister resort)

I can't help you here as we are deciding between the two as well, but Galley Bay is around $2k cheaper for us so leaning that way. Good luck!

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Palm Island or Galley Bay, Antigua (their sister resort)

Hi Rachel S

We decided on Galley Bay in the end, same here it came down to price. But we will go back to palm Island maybe next year, depends if Galley Bay matches up to PI as it was an amazing place. We got a very good price to include Superior room and business class seats with BA whilst they had a sale on. We go in December this year, long way off but we have a week in Greece at end of May.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
189 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palm Island or Galley Bay, Antigua (their sister resort)

Sounds like you will have a great year! We will be going somewhere in June. This is our last trip as a family of two (hopefully) and we want to enjoy it as much as possible. I just don't know if spending the extra 2k is worth it? So hard to say! Enjoy Greece!

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
189 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palm Island or Galley Bay, Antigua (their sister resort)

We were stuck trying to decide between these 2 as well! At the time they were the same price, so we went with beachfront at Palm Island. It seemed like a better value for the price, it being a whole private island with many beaches to choose from. We'll be celebrating our anniversary at the end of May, and couldn't be more excited! We're still planning on going to Galley Bay - just not this year :) I don't really see how either could be a bad choice!

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Palm Island or Galley Bay, Antigua (their sister resort)

Hi Michelle H. sounds like you got a good deal and I know you have chosen well with Palm Island, we will go back another year. We're not going to GB until December but can look forward to it, I keep checking their facebook page. PI facebook page is also very good Have a fab time!

Lynda

6. Re: Palm Island or Galley Bay, Antigua (their sister resort)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2015, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Union Island