We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation rental

Edmundston, Canada
Level Contributor
2,568 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Vacation rental

We are 8 adults looking for a 4 bedroom vacation home close to the beach and with a private swimming pool. I know that this is way ahead of time, but we are shopping around to make sure that we find what we're looking for. We would also like to be within walking distance to grocery shopping. We are looking at booking this for the first or second week of January 2015. Yes January 2015. We did check this site for vacation rentals, but we just want to further our options. Thanks guys.

10 replies to this topic
Edmundston, Canada
Level Contributor
2,568 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation rental

I thought I could post in Antigua in general, but I guess I was wrong. Any part of Antigua is good for us.

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,899 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation rental

Try taking a look at some of these:

typicallytropicalvillas.com/shortterm4.html

All the Jolly Harbour villas are within walking distance of an excellent supermarket, restaurants, banks, pharmacy, bars and other shops.

Edmundston, Canada
Level Contributor
2,568 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation rental

Thanks mizgeorge,

So Jolly Harbour would be a great spot for us???? I have not looked at those villas yet but sure will be looking soon. Thanks again.

St Louis
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation rental

I love three villas near Jolly beach, one of them is Coco, we booked it for February. All three of them are modern, have swimming pools and not far from Jolly Beach, stores and restaurants. Across the road is Sugar Ridge resort with perfect restaurants and pools you can use. Just read about them. Unfortunately , villas are 3- bedroom, but you can have two oft them, price is not bad at all. So you will get privacy and all you need near you.

Edmundston, Canada
Level Contributor
2,568 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacation rental

Should I ask this question somewhere else in the Antigua forums? Is anyone familiar with Jasmine House and is it really secluded?

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,899 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vacation rental

Jasmine Hill House? If so, it's a beautiful villa, but quite some way from anything else, and you'd absolutely need your own transport.

Don't worry about where you are in the forum - most of us look at the top level and pick up all the sub forums (which are really not needed for somewhere as small as Antigua to be honest!)

Edmundston, Canada
Level Contributor
2,568 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vacation rental

Thanks again mizgeorge. Besides Jolly Harbour, where else would you recommend. From what I've seen of Jolly Harbour it is quite expensive. We are 8 adults and some of us are on a limited budget. I've inquired on this site on holiday rentals, but have only received 1 response, could be because we are so ahead of time.

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,899 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vacation rental

The big beachfront villas at Jolly are a bit more (though one or two are still bargains IMO) but the harbour view 4 beds (just at the gates of JH, within easy walk to the beach and 2 minutes from the supermarket are very, very affordable -

typicallytropicalvillas.com/l_ginger.html

typicallytropicalvillas.com/l_thewhitehouse.…

Otherwise, you'd probably need to look at Falmouth - realistically it's the only other place where you stand a chance of being close to grocery shopping - though it's much more limited than being close to one of the big stores.

Personally, I'd contact Amy at typically tropical (they'll call you) and see what she recommends - she and Margot are very professional and go out of their way to help.

Edmundston, Canada
Level Contributor
2,568 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vacation rental

You're truly helpful mizgeorge, I really appreciate it and we will contact Amy. Thanks again for all your help.

Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vacation rental

We have stayed in Antigua renting a home also. I can not be of much assistance in telling you the exact house as our friends were staying for 8 months, working, etc, and rented it from the owner. But I wanted to weigh in on the location, which was ideal for a group on a budget. We stayed in Falmouth Harbour, which is adjacent to English Harbour (really the same place). This area is like a little village, with two great little stores, two marinas, a cafe, lots of great restaurants, a quiet beach with an authentic beach bar...heaven. It is also a hub for private yachts and the many people who work on these unbelievable yachts who themselves make the area a vibrant hub? We noted many rentals in the area too. Each day we went for a hike, to the beach, or bought rolls and cheese, some coffees, and went back to our house for a great (cheap) lunch or dinner. We also met some interesting people who had sailed across the ocean in their sailboats and were spending the winter there (went for some sailing, had lunch invitations, etc). The local buses are about 2-3$ to take to all parts of the island, and are safe and regulated by the authorities. We went to Jolly Harbour, and while nice, it was like a little city of time-shares (hence the easy rental options) on a big beach. This beach was the only spot on the island where we had people coming up to sell us things at the beach,

;sort of annoying, but a gorgeous beach. Not a feeling of integrating with the locals as in Falmouth. Hope it helps...

Reply to: Vacation rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Falmouth