We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise Excursions

Cincinnati, Ohio
1 post
Save Topic
Cruise Excursions

My wife and daughter are going on a cruise on the ship Carnival Valor. Want to book excursions and trying to find the best for dolphin swim, zipline and stingrays. Where is the best website and the best excursions for the western carribean.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise Excursions

You can book excursions through Carnival - they have several in Grand Cayman where you can swim with the stingrays. I went on "Sting Ray and Snorkel" and enjoyed it. That is in water 12-50 feet deep, so you have to swim. There is another excursion where you go to a sandbar to see the stingrays.

Cruisecritic.com offers many reviews of cruises and excursions.

Have fun!

Nederland, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise Excursions

Whatever they do..Do not book a Waverunner tour through Cayman ISland Marketing Company. It was the worst tour we have ever had, the water is way to rough for a jet ski, we rolled 3 times. The stingray city island is not an island! It is a spot where the waves break which deposit sand, the sand bar is over waist deep with 3 ft swells. It was cool seeing the stingrays but I def wouldnt do it agian. Goodluck! Cayman Is beautiful though!

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,893 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise Excursions

There is no ziplining in GC. We went to the sandbar on a calm day and it was terrific. I have spoken to people who took a jet ski and they enjoyed the trip. You probably would not want to go when the seas were rough. In fact, when it is way too rough, the area is closed down.

George Town, Grand...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise Excursions

shoreexcursionsgroup.com or shoretrips.com are two companies that my company (among many others) uses as a third party vendor. Both of those vendors work really efficiently.

Of course, there is always direct!

Eckman
Level Contributor
90 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise Excursions

We are considering www.shoreexcursionsgroup Jetski/Snorkling excursion in Grand Cayman, for a cuise this March 2012; does anyone have any experience with them? We REALLY want to JetSki (Wave Runner, Sea Doo)!We're also considering their Shark Ray Alley snorkeling excursion in Belize... We have always booked cruise-line excursions, but last year we were Very disapppointed with 2 of RCCLs excursions (and RCCl in general...), so I'm researching what else is available... Any info will be appreciated!

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,883 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruise Excursions

If you go to caymanislands.ky and look under activities you will find vendors -- you can then google them and see who offers what you might like best. I would not go on one of the big boats that cater to day visitors where people are packed in like sardines. Ops like Dexter, Marvin, Red Sail will not give this type of experience. You can also get a real feel for the Sandbar (3 to 5ft) and Stingray City (12 to 15ft and the best shallow dive site in the world many many tmes), at stingraycity.org. There are two dolphin facilities. Both are pretty new and offer pretty much the same options. No zipline. Good luck!

P.s. Unless there is weather about, the Sandbar is often like glass. We have been taking people to both spots for years -- my daughter had her first experience when she was 3 going on 4 -- it is still one of her favorite places in the world and she has been dozens of times -- she is now 22!

USA
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Cruise Excursions

Start with http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com , they are the best. They have tours all over the Caribbean, very reliable and offer amazing excursions. If you want to go ziplining, the best ones we have found were in Belize and Roatan so if you are visiting either, make sure to book that tour there. http://caribbeanshoretours.com

As for dolphins, I can't help you there, we watched the Cove movie and I will never book a dolphin tour unless they are in the wild. thats just my personal opinion.

Edited: 01 November 2011, 13:35
Eckman
Level Contributor
90 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cruise Excursions

Thank you! Checking them all out now!

Jackson, Tennessee
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cruise Excursions

"The Cove" really shook me up also. Everyone should see it

10. Re: Cruise Excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2015, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about West Bay