We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Size of room safes at the St. Regis

ny
Level Contributor
176 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Size of room safes at the St. Regis

Does anyone know how large the safes are in the rooms at the St. Regis. Kids would like to bring their laptops and if they do I would like to be able to put them in a safe during the day when we are out exploring the island. Not sure they would be large enough to accomadate two laptops, iPad, and a Kindle plus extra money and travel documents??

Thanks

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,065 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Size of room safes at the St. Regis

If memory serves me correctly, the room safes are the same size as you typically find at all good hotels. Whether or not your kids laptops will fit depends on the size of the laptops (there's not uniform size). Certainly there's room enough for an iPad, Kindle, your money and travel documents.

That said, you are going to an upscale resort so security shouldn't be an issue. For more than 15 years I've traveled all over the world (multiple trips each year) with a laptop and in the last 10 years or so my spouse brings a kindle and an iPad and we both bring iPhones. We've never once put any of them in a room safe. We usually leave them out in the room or at the most tuck them away in a drawer or empty suitcase. The only things we put in the safe is our passports, money, credit cards and jewelry. We've never had a problem.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,793 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Size of room safes at the St. Regis

We just came back and the safes were normal size. Our ipad, kindle, pocketbook, etc fit with n problem. I think it depends on the size of the laptop. If it doesn't fit, just put it in a drawer, I don't think you'd have a problem.

ny
Level Contributor
176 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Size of room safes at the St. Regis

thanks all good to know, I asked as I had a friend who had some laptops stolen out of her hotel room in the states.

4. Re: Size of room safes at the St. Regis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2014, 06:17