We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

moreska dance in Korcula

Which Korcula Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
Level Contributor
8 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
moreska dance in Korcula

Does anyone know if the Moreska Dance in Korcula continues to be performed on Thursday night in October? Guidebooks disagree.

Michigan
Level Contributor
69 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: moreska dance in Korcula

I'm bumping this to see if someone will reply. We will be there the first week of September and would love to see the performance if it runs in September.....

Msida, Malta
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: moreska dance in Korcula

The Moreska dance is perfomed until the end of September so no problem

Have a good trip !

OHIO
Level Contributor
227 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: moreska dance in Korcula

I am looking for a rental house in Southern Croatia Sept. 2012? We will need at least 4-5 bedrooms... 6 adults and 3 possibly 4 small children. We will be staying for 2wks. I have visited in the past and love Mali Ston/Ston... Peljesac Penninsula. This would be ideal, easy drive from Dubrovnik... lots of places to visit... any ideas? I have looked on VRBO but have been unable to find anything big enough. Thanks!

PS: Southern Croatia is not a deal breaker, anywhere w/in an hour of a major airport is fine w/ us. :)

Chester, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: moreska dance in Korcula

Hi,

I've read that the Moreska happens on Mondays and Thursday's during the summer and that sometimes the 2 performances run into September but different sites contradict each other. Can anyone confirm if they've seen a performance on a Monday night as we're planning our trip to Korcula around seeing the Moreska.

Many thanks,

Msida, Malta
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: moreska dance in Korcula

The dance is performed on Thursday nights only until the end of September

Have a good trip !

Tamworth
Level Contributor
27 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: moreska dance in Korcula

What time does the dance start? I am in Korcula now and want to go and see it on Thursday this week.

Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: moreska dance in Korcula

We watched it last night. It was in the Winter Hall as there was a chafe of rain.

It starts at 9pm (last night it started a little after 9 due to band members arriving late).

It's a great show, you'll enjoy it!

Tamworth
Level Contributor
27 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: moreska dance in Korcula

Thanks for that Dragonz_rule, I assumed it was performed during the day. Good that I checked. Did you find pRking ok in Korcula town? We will be driving from near Vela Luka. Thanks.

Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: moreska dance in Korcula

We were staying in Korčula Old Town and didn't use a car at all, but a couple of people who were also in our apartment building said that they found parking quote easily. There is a carpark just before the Old Town (to the right as you approach, right next to the water) and there are also spaces available if you keep following the road to the palm trees on the left of the old town.

Korčula is a beautiful place!

10. Re: moreska dance in Korcula

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2012, 05:15