We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Korcula

Which Korcula Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
Level Contributor
379 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to Korcula

Would love to visit one of the island towns if only for a day and am zeroing in on Korcula. Would like a recommendation from the very helpful folks on this forum as to what would work best

-Can we catch a boat from Split to Korcula, see some of Korcula, and yet get back to Split in the same day?

-Or would it work better to take a day trip from Dubrovnik to Orebic in our rental car and then take the shorter boat ride over to see Korcula?

(Thought I had done my research beforehand but there seems to be so many thing to experience)

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
38,427 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Korcula

I would leave in a rental car early in the morning from Dubrovnik and head to Korcula via Orebic. The roads are good and the drive is so scenic that I think it would be worth it for you. You could also then stop over in Ston on the way there.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
7 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Korcula

We just bought a bus ticket from Dubrovinik bus station for 94 Kuna each. It takes 3 hours apparently and (hopefully) includes the boat! Saying that I'm sure driving would be the best idea!

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Korcula

The bus is fine and a hire car would be much more expensive than the £20 it has cost you for the tickets.

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Korcula

You can take a ferry from Split, but not for a day trip. I depends on which direction you are travelling through Croatia.

If you have the time, I would recommend that you consider one or two nights so you are not rushed and can enjoy & experience Korcula, rather than a day trip. The town and island provide a very relaxing and interesting visit.

We stayed 3 nights in 2010; also spent one day at the beach (one of the few sand beaches in Croatia (although you need a car or would need to take a taxi to get there; might be able to rent a car on the island for a day.

If you are going in the summer months, there is a traditional / cultural dance offerred every (? Thursday - need to re-check days). Unforunately we visited in June just before the season began and missed this.

Korcula will provide you with a very relaxing stay and pace after a few days in Dubrovnik.

Edited: 03 August 2012, 15:25
Bala Cynwyd
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Korcula

The best way to Korcula from Dubrovnic is by bus, There is one at 9 AM, and one at 3 PM. It is a nice ride, and takes about three hours to Korcula town.

A day trip won't be possible unless you rent a car, which is too much driving and also too much money. You should plan to stay two nights in Korcula. It is worth it. Shorten your stay in Dubrovnic or Split to give yourself enough time in Korcula. It is a jewel.

6. Re: How to get to Korcula

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2013, 10:15