We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two more problems with Korkyra Travel Transfers

Chicago
Level Contributor
72 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Two more problems with Korkyra Travel Transfers

We were in Korcula is September 2013. Prior to our trip to Croatia, I arranged two transfers with Korkyra via email from the United States. I had communicated with them a number of times to confirm all the details and make the reservations, so I felt secure that everything was arranged. But, we had problems and unpleasant 'surprises' with both transfers. 1. We had arranged door to door van service from our hotel in Korcula to our next hotel in Dubrovnik. They did pick us up and drop us off with a van at our hotels, but what we didn't know was what would happen in between. The first van dropped us off at a pier and we had to transfer ourselves and our luggage to a boat, and then wait while other travelers showed up to also get on the boat. Then we took a boat ride, only to disembark somewhere else, and then drag our luggage up a very steep and long hill in order to switch to a bus that would eventually take us to our final destination. Anyone with health problems, would have found this very, very difficult or impossible. This was not what we thought we were purchasing when we reserved 'door to door' van service. Problem 2: We had arranged a private car to transfer us to the airport in Dubrovnik for an early morning flight. When I went to the Korkyra office to pre-pay for the car, I was told, "Oh, we don't do that." I pointed out that she herself had communicated with me by email, confirming the reservation just the week before. Then she said, "Your flight is too early. I can't get anyone to get up and work that early; just take a taxi. It will be cheaper, anyway." And I did take a taxi and it was cheaper. Very unprofessional. My advice is, if you need to use them, do so with caution, because 'they do not have their act together.'

Mentioned in this post
Korcula Island
Korcula Island
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Falls Church...
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two more problems with Korkyra Travel Transfers

I agree with you about transferring the luggage up the steep hill. We too had the same problems.

In addition, their driver ied to us & said he called our sobe for directions. He than dumped us off a considerable distance from our sobe & the sobe stated he never called them.

The extra money to use their service is not worth it. Take the public bus everyone! Let's not patronize a business who misrepresent their services & gives bad service also!

2. Re: Two more problems with Korkyra Travel Transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Korcula Town