We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day pass to Sandals Negril from Whitehouse?

Illinois
8 posts
Save Topic
day pass to Sandals Negril from Whitehouse?

We will be staying at Whitehouse on Jan 21st-28th but would like to go to the seven mile beach one day . Is there a fee for the day pass and how much is the average cab rate to get to Negril from whitehouse?As the Jamaicans say ONE LUV NUFF RESPECT! Rasta D 1 luvs husband.

Toronto
Level Contributor
23 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day pass to Sandals Negril from Whitehouse?

From what I understand you can send time at all, " if you stay at one you can play at all" for no extra charge.. Only the transfers (bus or cab) will cost you..

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: day pass to Sandals Negril from Whitehouse?

Keeping in mind that Sandals Negril is on a stretch of beach away from the main active area of Negril you will have a limited exposure to everything Negril has to offer and will probably feel somewhat confined. My suggestion is hire a taxi driver/guide who will take you to the main beach area with arrangements to pick you up at a designated time, then head off to Rick's to watch the cliff divers and enjoy the sunset before heading back to Whitehouse. There are many public access areas on the main beach and for the cost of a few drinks can use the facilities at any of the bars along the beach. The cost in the long run will likely be around $150 for the driver for the day whether or not you just go to Sandals or do as I suggest.

kelowna, BC canada
Level Contributor
510 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day pass to Sandals Negril from Whitehouse?

hello, There were 4 of us in Whitehouse last year and we wanted to do the same thing, spend a day at the 7 mile beach negril. We booked our transferes through the hotel and had a terrific driver named Delroy, who entertained us with endless knowledge of Jamaica. We spent the better part of the day at Sandals negril with all the same privileges. We also went to Rick's cafe before heading back to whitehouse. Unfortunately, can't remember the price we paid.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
505 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day pass to Sandals Negril from Whitehouse?

BP - would you recommend spending a day at Beaches NEgril as opposed to Sandals Negril?

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: day pass to Sandals Negril from Whitehouse?

For a SWH couple preferring a romantic adults only vacation no I would not recommend a day pass to Beaches Negril even though it is within an easy walk of the main beach area.

Beardstown, Illinois
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: day pass to Sandals Negril from Whitehouse?

I think they are right next to each other.It seems to me when we visited Sandals Negril you could walk from one beach to the other. We went on a day trip from Sandals MoBay to Negril and were a little disappointed. When we got to Sandals Negril they were burning sugar cane fields accross from the resort and there was ash falling all over the place. You really couldn't escape it. We also went and saw the cliff divers. The sunset was a nonevent because it turned so cloudy that day.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,086 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: day pass to Sandals Negril from Whitehouse?

OK, so we have to set aside the one bad luck day with the burning fields. My wife and I have been to both Sandals Negril and the Whitehouse, three times each. Both are fabulous. I would recommend a day trip to Sandals Negril, the staff are great and the restaurants are the best !! As far as Beaches, Beaches Sandy Bay is a two minute walk down the beach from Sandals Negril, and Beaches Negril is another 10 minutes past that point. Definitely plan on spending your day at Sandals Negril, with a very short walk to the Beaches just to check them out. Keeping in mind that the Beaches Resorts are the family (kids) one. And as one other person has said, there is NO resort fee to visit other Sandals--just your driver fee.

Ricks is a fun place to stop at for a drink and see the divers. As far as all the public beaches along the way, it really depends on what you are looking for--we love our Sandals with the couples only thing and the private beach. The Whitehouse is also great, it is my favorite--whereas Sandals Negril is my wifes favorite. Have fun.

Illinois
Level Contributor
59 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: day pass to Sandals Negril from Whitehouse?

I saw on the Sandals website that they do a daytrip to Sandals Negril and Ricks cafe for $52 a person. I assume a private driver would be cheaper? Can you set that up through the hotel?

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: day pass to Sandals Negril from Whitehouse?

I read a couple of days ago that the Negril excursion being offered from SWH was cancelled.

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
641 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: day pass to Sandals Negril from Whitehouse?

You absolutely should check out Sandals Negril, we stayed at the Whitehouse a few years ago, and arranged our own excursion with Talk of the Town tours http://www.talkofthetownnegril.com/index.htm. Soloman came and picked us up at the Whitehouse at a pre-arranged time and took us on a short tour of local Negril and to the Negril craft market (Highly recommend) and they dropped us off at Sandals Negril, where we had lunch enjoyed the beach, and checked out Beaches next door. We had dinner at SN and then the wonderful Soloman ans Sienna from TOTT picked us up and took us back to the WHitehouse (its been awhile, but I think we paid them $100) It was so worth it.

Also there is no fee to visit any of the Sandals or Beaches in Jamacia when you are staying at another one.......Enjoy the WHitehouse, we LOVED it.

Edited: 03 January 2010, 03:16