We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unpacking

St. Thomas, Ont
13 posts
Save Topic
Unpacking

Might be a silly question but when you arrive at the resort do you unpack all of your items and leave them out for the whole week? I've always keep my things in my suitcase and locked it up every time I leave the room (ie - clothes and toileteries)

Thanks.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
2,779 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unpacking

The first thing I do is unpack...hang up all my clothes and put all my toiletries in the bathroom..I couldn't imagine having to live out of a suitcase for the duration of my holiday...

Are you scared something might get stolen ????

Brampton
Level Contributor
638 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unpacking

We usually get a two floor cottage, so I drag my suitcase up the death stairs, and set everything out on the two spare beds.

I stuff the dirty stuff back in the suitcase as I go through them.

northern ontario
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Unpacking

Hi Carla,

We also unpack as soon as we get to our room.We even unpack my Meds. and we have never had any problems.We bring a large plastic bag for our dirty clothes and place it ous suitcase.We hope this helps.

Joanne & Wayne

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,703 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Unpacking

I unpack my entire suitcase and use the drawers and closet for my clothes. I keep my toiletries on the vanity and lock up the valuables (passport, hubby's wallet, jewellery, camera etc) in the room safe. I like to be as comfortable as at home, and having to constantly get things out of my suitcase would be a hassle.

Helpful hint: bring extra hangers with you..I find the closet never has enough to hang all our clothes without doubling up.

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
200 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Unpacking

You have no worries about losing anything..Just keep passports,etc locked up.Staff here have a very good job, they would never risk losing it by taking a shirt ! As they say-NO WORRIES...

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
155 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Unpacking

The employees at a Sandals are not there to rob you.Unpack your suitcase

and stay awhile.Let your hair down.If you need more hangers then phone down and they will bring you up some more.If you have valuables then put them in the safe and relax you are on holidays.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Unpacking

Hi Carla,

I could never start my vaca without unpacking...even though hubby always wants to fly out the door as soon as we get checked into our room! I prefer to get everything set up in its place...this makes me feel more together and comfortable in the room. I know exactly where everything is and makes it feel more homey. Then its off to do what ever and I feel more settled.

Unpack and then go off to enjoy:0)

Alberta
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Unpacking

I just had a weird revelation.

As I was reading this I thought to myself, "I have never unpacked a suitcase in a hotel before" At first I felt weird but then I realized, I have never stayed in a single hotel room for more than 3 nights in my life. Weird. I think I will unpack when as soon as we arrive - just to make it officially feel like a VACATION!!!!

I felt compelled to share this.

Beachwood NJ
Level Contributor
817 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Unpacking

Call me strange but I actually enjoy unpacking and moving in to our Home Away From Home for the week :-)

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,652 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Unpacking

I have never unpacked on vacation. Not once.

I unpack when I travel on business (mostly because I need to be more organized and hang up suits and dress shirts and such), but I never have once on vacation.

I don't see the need to transfer t-shirts, shorts, swim trunks, and flip flips from one three dimensional rectangle (my suitcase) to another (a drawer in a dresser).

If I stayed somewhere that required a jacket and long pants for dinner, I probably would - but I wouldn't be too excited about staying somewhere that required that I wear what I wear to work everyday in 90 degree heat in order to eat dinner.

Get answers to your questions about White House