We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Negril trip through Sandals

Which White House hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
Level Contributor
59 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Negril trip through Sandals

Has anyone done the Negril trip that is offered on the Sandals website? It says its $52 and you go to Sandals Negril and Sandals Cave.

Just wondering if this trip does truly leave at 2:00 and is it even worth the money.

Leaving in 28 days:)

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Negril trip through Sandals

Sandals Cave? Never heard of it.

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Negril trip through Sandals

I think what you mean is the trip offered from the Sandals Mobay properties that go to the bar at the Caves resort in Negril to jump off of the cliff there. Now if your staying in Mobay & would like to not only check out a cool spot to jump into the sea but take a nice long ride & check out the country side ect. Then sure,I say go for it. Especially If you've never been out that way before, then it would most definitely be worth checking out

Illinois
Level Contributor
59 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Negril trip through Sandals

I am staying at whitehouse. The trip is called "lets go native negril adventure" and it's on the Sandals website. They take you to Sandals Negril and then it says the take you to Sandals Cave for cliff diving.

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Negril trip through Sandals

Well though the starting point may be different. The tour to Sandals Negril & to the Caves resorts Sands bar for cliff diving ect is all I am aware of & this most certainly sounds like such.

Edited: 28 February 2010, 02:57
Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Negril trip through Sandals

Better to book with a pvt tour co as you get to do exactly what you want and for the amount of time you want to do it. We booked with TOTT..aka talk of the town tours.. we get to stay longer at Sandals Negril and go to the real craft markets and not just the duty free..that's OK if you wanted to buy jewelry and expensive items..that's where the duty free would come in. We wanted to go to the world Famous Ricks Cafe.. you could get a few more people to join you or ask Sienna ( tour operator) to do it for you as long a the day you could do it was flexible..anyway the info is below..I phoned Sandals to ask about the length of time we would be at Sandals Negril and it is only long enough to take a walk around the property..have lunch and a swim...not long enough for us. contact them and do yourself a favor..better day spent.

below is from an email she sent to me.

It is possible that we’ll hear from other Whitehouse guests during the coming weeks ....or, you may encounter some online as “Roll Calls” typically get posted on message boards. I’m going to put our Negril trip descriptions here for you to look at, and it has worked well in the past for people who wish to team up with others to invite ‘like minded people’ to contact each other via email or private message to discuss prices, itineraries, ‘wish list of activities’, etc. It’s not at all necessary that people traveling together do all the same activities or go to the same locations..we can work it out so that everyone can visit the places they want and spend time where they want.

Please do feel free to ask any questions about this day outing or tell us more about what you’d like to see and do here in Negril,

~Sienna~

NEGRIL 101 – The Basics

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome… (NEGRIL)

http:// share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome… (COUNTRY WESTERN STABLES)

Visit the craft market, Duty Free center, or original shopping Plaza ...or all three if you like....

Spend the rest of your day at Sandals Negril

Reverse the order? No problem!

2ppl = $55US each 4ppl = $35US each 6-8ppl = $25US each

Approximate duration of trip = 7 hours

Suggested time to leave Whitehouse = 9am...leave from Sandals Negril at 4pm

OR...THIS IS THE ONE WE CHOSE

COMPREHENSIVE NEGRIL – The Beach To Ricks Cafe

This day is flexible and there are no restrictions or limits as to what you can do or how long you must stay in any one place...that decision is yours. Not sure what you want to do? Here is just a taste of what’s possible, your imagination, needs or desires will sculpt the day.

Want to shop? Your guide will be right there with you if you want some help with bargaining. Choose from Negril’s original craft market (over a hundred shops) or a Duty Free plaza for fine watches and jewelry...or a variety of souvenir shops for all kinds of goodies.

Want to skip the shopping and spend some of your time at Sandals Negril to eat, drink and play, then take a walk with us on the main beach in town that will introduce you the "ins and outs" of the main town life and it’s cast of characters?

Are there special spots in Negril you've heard or read about and would like to check out first hand?

Are you considering coming back for a stay in Negril sometime and want to check out different properties?

Want to play golf? We'll give you the information on playing 9 or 18 holes at Negril Hills Golf Course, drop you off and pick you up when done so you can rejoin friends who played in Negril while you were playing on the course.

Towards late afternoon you can travel down the cliff road on the “West End” and watch the cliff jumpers at Rick’s...or join them! Lift your drink to the heavens as the sun slowly sinks into the sea and you end another great day in Jamaica.

Send us your "Wish List" of activities you'd like to do or are curious about and we'll work with you to make this a day to fit YOUR desires.

2ppl = $75US each 4ppl = $55US each 6-8ppl = $40US each

Approximate duration of trip = 10-12 hours

Suggested time to leave Whitehouse = 10am or earlier - your choice

Departure time from Negril = sunset...or....leave sooner but catch sunset in a little community on the road to Whitehouse so you can get back to the hotel sooner than 8pm...let us know your preference

A horseback riding option at Country Western Stables is available to add on to the day’s activities...a 1.5 mile ride along a path that will take you past a mangrove swamp, through pastureland and down to the sea where you and your horse will go out deep enough until the horse is actually swimming...with you on it’s back! Learn to stand up and ride on the horse as if you’re in the circus, or slide off and swim along side... take a quick fresh water shower and then head on into Negril.

$65 per person for a 2.5-3 hour horseback/swim excursion...or pay in full or with a deposit and receive a $15 discount per person

Departure time will be early to catch the first ride of the day...you’d leave Whitehouse at 7:30am. Other ride times are available too...there is usually one at around 1pm and one around 3pm. Check with us on which would be your preference.

info@talkofthetowntours/negril

Hope this helps good luck! We have 7 more sleeps until were there:0)

INQUIRIES FORM

Name : John & Jeannette Genovese

Email : jeannette_genovese@yahoo.com

How many people : 2

Which hotel/resort will you be staying at : Sandals Whitehouse

Are you willing to share a ride? : Y

How did you hear about us? : Trip Advisor Forums;

ReplyReply AllMove...

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Negril trip through Sandals

sorry about the later part of the email I did not intend to post that part of it oops!:(

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Negril trip through Sandals

I booked privately through TOTT as well for our trip next week. The one thing that I don't care for with Sandals excursions is that you are on THEIR timeline. That means if you want to stay a little longer or make a little extra stop, they will not do it. We learned our lesson with that. Once on the Dunns River Falls trip from the Royal in MoBay... we wanted to spend a little extra time at the falls and then get a bite to eat. Nope, time to get on the bus and get back. then again at Sandals Antigua we went on the Shirley Heights trip. Just when the party started the bus driver was hunting us down telling us he would be in trouble with the resort (and lose his contract with them) if he didn't have us back at a certain time. So in short, I will always go private from now on. #1 you get to go at your pace. #2 it's more personal, not just being shuttled around like cattle. #3 Sandals overcharges by a ridiculous amount. #4 I would rather pay the money to the locals, they need the jobs!

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Negril trip through Sandals

Exactly :o)

Illinois
Level Contributor
59 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Negril trip through Sandals

CTJenny-

Thanks for all the info. I emailed TOTT to see what type of trip they are willing to do for us. We want to just go to Sandals Negril and do the cliff diving.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Negril trip through Sandals

Great... Let me know how you make out.