We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel distance to negril?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
travel distance to negril?

hi everyone... just wondering, is the car ride tfrom Whitehouse to negril 60 minutes or 90 minutes?

also, would anyone recommend doing a daytrip to Negril with the falls and a stop at Sandals Negril???

any suggestions or ideas welcome. Thanks in advance

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: travel distance to negril?

It depends on traffic.

YS Falls is in the opposite direction from Negril.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,671 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel distance to negril?

Our ride from SWH to SN was 1 hour and 15 minutes and we made a stop along the way. We spent some time at SN...worth going if you haven't been there.

Can't comment on the falls as we plan to do that on this trip. I think it is on the south coast closer to SWH than SN, but haven't looked at the map yet to pin it accurately.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,170 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel distance to negril?

We haven't been to Y Falls yet either, but you definately have to spend time at SN if you are going to Negril. SN is our second favorite, after the WH.

TP, FOUR days to go!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel distance to negril?

thanks all... great help... will check out SN on this trip 4 sure... seems like a nice daytrip, and would like to check out the property...

we're back for more fun in the sun in 12 days.. and counting...

thx again

Canada
Level Contributor
152 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel distance to negril?

On the map, the Whitehouse doesn't appear that far from Negril....does anyone know the distance from Whitehouse to Rick's Cafe?....and what a taxi would cost to get there and back?

thanks!

Cambridge, Canada
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: travel distance to negril?

Does Sandals offer any type of free shuttle services between their resorts? We're staying at SWH, and would like to go check out Sandals Negril for a day. If not, what's the best way to travel - cab?

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,170 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travel distance to negril?

No free shuttle from the WH. It is available in the MB area for the three Sandals there, but not the WH.

Yes, cab or private driver is the best route. The WH front desk can make recommendations for drivers. SN is smaller then the WH, but is a very nice resort--we have been there four times.

Orillia, Canada
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: travel distance to negril?

We are leaving for SWH in a week and I have read that there is a trip from WH to SN for a fee. I think it's $70 a person and with that includes half the day at YS Falls then they take you to SN for the rest of the day. My husband and I are for sure taking this trip. Everyone that I talk to says that you cant miss Ricks Cafe. The cliff jumping is sweet!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,170 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: travel distance to negril?

Danielle, that sounds like a very good deal and you should do it if it is available. We have stayed at SN four times already and love the place, different then the WH.

TP, have you heard of this tour before, I don't see it on the Sandals Tour List on the web? If anyone has details on this $70 deal, please share.

10. Re: travel distance to negril?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2012, 07:34