We just returned this past week from a great 3rd stay at SWH. I haven't had time to write a review yet, but thought I'd point out a few miscellaneous things for those who are visiting in the near future:
1) the ride from the airport took 2 hours this time instead of 90 mins...could be because of rain or it might have been that the roads seemed a little rougher this time around and the shuttle had to slow numerous times for potholes. Be advised that if you don't want to stop for a beer/rest stop...you don't have to...just ensure everyone on the shuttle is of the same mind!
2) be sure to wear footwear for Bluefields restaurant. Despite it being on the beach, they don't allow bare-feet...which I discovered only after walking the beautiful long beach barefoot all the way from Neptunes pier.
3) last year the White Night party was on Tuesday evening followed by the chocolate buffet. This time the party and chocolate buffet was on Wednesday night after the returnees' dinner...I didn't see too many wearing white, probably because a good number of the guests were attending straight from the returnees' dinner.
4) on Wednesday, in order to set up for the White Night party, the staff asked all people at the Riviera pool who were sitting on the side closest to the games room, to please move so they could remove all the loungers along that side. This happened late in the afternoon, so something to keep in mind if you like to lounge at the pool mid-late afternoon.
5) I only found Crown Royal in the martini bar and I didn't see Canadian Club at all, which is different from last year. No hardship though....
6) Saturday is usually a busy day for departures and arrivals...each time we've been at SWH it has meant our room is not cleaned until very late in the day on a Saturday...usually around 5:00. This past Saturday the staff was so busy, we only experienced turn down service (which was funny since they had to make the bed to turn it down!). No worries...just understand if you are wanting to use your room to get ready for dinner, you might find it hasn't been cleaned or the staff might be in there late in the day.
7) absolutely no line-ups at the restaurants and the resort was at full occupancy. We eat between 6:30-7:00 and the only time we needed to wait for a table was at Bayside...and only because we requested to eat under the portico. Our wait was 15 minutes spent on the piazza sipping a cold glass of wine and socializing with other couples. I can't say one way or the other if there was a wait time later in the evening, but I didn't see any grumpy people ;)
8) I found more so this trip that the restaurants requiring resort evening wear were quite willing to seat those not dressed appropriately at the tables outdoors...there also seemed to be more tables outside each restaurant.
9) there is a new jerk shack added to the beach near the Riviera pool and it seemed to be very popular.
10) if you are thinking about an excursion, we loved doing the Black River Safari and YS Falls. We booked it through Island Routes.
11) we saw Butch Stewart and his son Adam during this stay. It was also announced at the Returnee's dinner that Beaches would be opening next to SWH and that a Greg Norman designed golf course would be built across from the resort...great news for golfers who previously have had to travel to get in a game.
SWH still delivers...we had a great time! Glad to answer any questions you might have.