We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Talk of the town tours??

North Ridgeville...
6 posts
Save Topic
Talk of the town tours??

I see a lot of people book their tours through TOTT. Is this the place that is in SWH at the tours counter, or is this something you are booking before you go?? I did see they have a website, but didn't see anything about the Pelican Bar on it. Any suggestions??

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Talk of the town tours??

You have to book directly through them, they are not affiliated with the resort. We used them last year while we were at Whitehouse and they were great! Picked us up right on time in the lobby and had a take it as it goes kinda day. We saw so many things that we would have never experienced if it hadn't been for them! Great time! I am sure they could hook up a trip to the pelican bar, they are very flexible with what you want. Just fill out the info on their page with dates and and idea of an itinerary, how many people, etc. It takes a couple of days for them to get back to you, but they were very reliable for us!

North Ridgeville...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Talk of the town tours??

Great! Thank you so much for the info!! What was your favorite tour/excursion you went on??

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Talk of the town tours??

We didn't do any actual excursions, more just an exploration of the areas from Whitehouse to Negril. We were definitely off the beaten path! We told our driver that we wanted to go to Sandals Negril for a little while and then end the day at Ricks, and then stop at any place of his choice for food. We would be driving along and all the sudden he would be like, I have show you this! It really was a great day!

Edit: forgot to add that we told him we wanted to do SN and Ricks, but we also told him that we wanted him to "fill in the blanks" along the way. He was glad to!

Edited: 25 March 2011, 14:09
Central Florida...
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Talk of the town tours??

The tour company at the tour kiosk on the resort is Island Tours, which is Sandals new tour company

Milford, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Talk of the town tours??

The tour company at the Sandals resorts is Island Routes. : -)

www.islandroutes.com

I would also highly recommend Gregg Connell and his crew at Reggae Tours.

www.reggae-tours.com

Edited: 25 March 2011, 18:43
Richmond Hill...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Talk of the town tours??

I have been in communicado with Sienna at TOTT and she has been fabulous to deal with since we have been back forth via email for well over a month now.

Bear in mind I am speaking from no experience with this company (yet) but we have booked our day with them during our upcoming stay. I highly recommend anyone who plans on using TOTT to get in touch with them several weeks prior to their trip. I'll come back and post again when we return from our Honeymoon :)

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
89 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Talk of the town tours??

what are the best tours from White House that is not far away?

Richmond Hill...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Talk of the town tours??

TOTT is a separate company not ran thru SWH. You can get a good deal thru them and from what I have heard thru others on the Tripadvisor Forums, TOTT is cheaper. You can also travel as a couple or with a group. There are many options available to you.

I spoke with Sienna last week on the phone, and she knows they have to update their website. Kat1028 is bang on - you can go with the flow with your driver with TOTT, not sure about Island tours.

My personal choice is TOTT.....I'll be able to post more when we get back from Jamaica in a couple of weeks.

Edited: 04 April 2011, 17:02
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Talk of the town tours??

From what I understand they have added a new trip that includes going on a catamaran and ending up at the Pelican Bar, I am hoping this is true because we are taking it for sure if it is! Also there is the Appleton Estate tour fairly close by, always hear good feedback on that one. If you haven't been to Negril I would suggest taking a day trip there though. Really it's only about an hour and a half away with plenty to see along the way.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Talk of the town tours??

I have learned over the years with Sandals that some tours through them are a plus, others not so much. The downfall is you are always on their timeline no matter what. If you want to spend more time somewhere, too bad so sad load up it's time to go! Not to mention they can be very over priced on some trips. Research and shopping around before going is important. If it was a trip like Appleton Estate, I would use the resort. A trip to Negril, private for sure because the timeline and tour through Sandals is just too regimented and inflexible.