We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

items you wish you would have brought and aux?

Atlanta, Georgia
5 posts
items you wish you would have brought and aux?

Hi!

My soon to be wife and I are going to whitehouse for our honeymoon in 4 days.

I was wondering if there was an auxillary input on the ipod dock where i could connect a non ipod device?

And also wanted to get some input on things that ppl wish they would have brought with them but didnt think about needing it?

Thanks

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
8,372 posts
1 review
1. Re: items you wish you would have brought and aux?

do a search there was a post about this a while back!

congrats and enjoy...the area around Whitehouse is amazing!

PEACE!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 posts
2. Re: items you wish you would have brought and aux?

thanks for the response.

I cant find anything when i search regarding either question.

Wells, MN
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: items you wish you would have brought and aux?

If you search the topic of 'what to pack' you should find alot of posts that will give you many ideas, being you are going to the Whitehouse you'll want to make sure you have all your personnel care item ( the gift shop can get expensive and town is not within a short walking distance) so somethings that I have forgotten over the years are mousse (hairspray or whatever if you use it) suntan lotion (yeah stupid I forgot that, but I never use it hubby does) Q-tips, asprin or other medicines you may need, bug lotion or spray, John alsways brings powdered Gatorade, as he get dehydrated very easily and the tap water is fine or he just put's it in the bottled water (he gets the little packets now, we used to take a small powder canister but apparently customs coming back to the US dosn't like that but the little ones don't seem to bother them. I forgot mascaera once, not cheap to buy at the spa, an underwater camera ( they are much cheaper in the US) Your sunglasses and maybe a hat ( ball cap or whatever) We also bring a collaspable cooler so we can have our soda or water on ice while on the beach ( we usally have concierge so we have the fridge in the room) The first year we went we didn't even think of a beach bag, something with a side pocket for your camera or books that is waterproof on the inside so nothing in the pockets on the outside get wet in case you put your towels or what not in the middle works nice, ummmm... I also have found it helpful to pack a few granola bars, or some type of snack for the airplane, I have to nibble all the time and for some reason when I fly I am always starving, think is's pyschological beacuase I don't know when I'll be able to eat again, but it has saved many a poeple on flights, and sometimes crakers. Just don't forget your passports!!! I have nightmares about that everytime we fly.

You'll also want to have a number of ones for tipping at the airport when they carry youo bags for you, we usally take about 50 ones and use them up before we go.

Not sure about the ipod thingy you could call the resort and ask them. Good luck and have a wonderfull vacation!!

Wells, MN
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: items you wish you would have brought and aux?

PS sorry for the typos I tend to type to fast and I have dyslexia so I ten to switch letters and words around

Wells, MN
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: items you wish you would have brought and aux?

Or entirely forget letters, I should really spell check before I post! :)))

Atlanta, Georgia
5 posts
6. Re: items you wish you would have brought and aux?

thanks alot! that was very helpful!

Wells, MN
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: items you wish you would have brought and aux?

no problem have a great honeymoon, the resort is very nice and beach is long, we've been there and our daughter and her hubby honeymooned there, have a great trip!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,086 posts
169 reviews
8. Re: items you wish you would have brought and aux?

Hi BTD, I sometimes go to fast too and don't proofread. That's why you will often see edited on my posts.

Good list. We used the I-Pod docking station last January and honestly don't remember if there was an aux or not.

We always bring lots of swimsuits and an attitude of "us relax and have fun"! We will be back for #5 in January.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
18 reviews
9. Re: items you wish you would have brought and aux?

If you’re a coffee drinker you might want to take some of those small (2-4 cup) filters to use with the room 2-cup coffee maker. You can buy some Blue Mountain at the gift shop or pack your favorite. I take some fresh ground Sumatra and get the Blue Mountain to take home. The room coffee is good quality but they only stock once a day – and not enough for me. I’m an early riser and the DW sleeps late so I’m usually three or four cups done by the time she’s ready for breakfast.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,086 posts
169 reviews
10. Re: items you wish you would have brought and aux?

Good idea seavale. But you can also just ask the maid service for more, They are always willing to give more.