We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will be at Whitehouse Oct 29-Nov 5...have a question

Which White House hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maine
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Will be at Whitehouse Oct 29-Nov 5...have a question

Hi:)

I would just like to know the dress code for the women at dinner in the resturants...I thought I read that women need to wear dress pants...surely if I wear a nice dress that will be fine...I have not intentions of packing dress pants...

thanks

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
615 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will be at Whitehouse Oct 29-Nov 5...have a question

You donot need pants - that is for men only. They have to wear nice dress pants with closed toed shoes (no sandals) at the restaurants that are resort elegant. You can wear nice dresses/skirts- things like that. My husband hates it b/c he gets hot and I get chilly b/c I wear cute sundresses:)

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
155 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will be at Whitehouse Oct 29-Nov 5...have a question

A nice sun dress is great.They just donot want anyone in a bathing suit coverup,or blue jeans.A nice pair of shorts will also work.Go and have a great time.Eat drink and be merry.I am jealous cause I can not go till January.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,577 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will be at Whitehouse Oct 29-Nov 5...have a question

I wear sundresses or nice capri's with a fancy top and nice sandals (not flip flops). Hubby wears dockers, a golf shirt and deck type shoes. If you aren't appropriately dressed, you'll be provided the option of dining outdoors, which a lot of people like to do! I prefer the air conditioned restaurants when it's humid.

Level Contributor
121 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will be at Whitehouse Oct 29-Nov 5...have a question

The only 2 places which require a little dress up was Eleanor's and Jasmine. My wife wore a sundress or skirt and I wore slacks. Otherwise shorts are fine for all of the other places.

Carshalton, United...
Level Contributor
432 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will be at Whitehouse Oct 29-Nov 5...have a question

Hi PCTravel. Did you have to wear closed toe shoes when you wore your shorts or did you get away with flip flops and sandals ? Things are looking up is I only have to wear long pants in two restaurants. How long ago did you go?

nova scotia
Level Contributor
1,920 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will be at Whitehouse Oct 29-Nov 5...have a question

PCTravel... Whitehouse has 3 evening restaurants with dress code: Guiseppe's, Eleanor's and Jasmine's.

the_blone_ ... my husband dons his dress pants, golf shirt, socks and shoes for dinner and after he changes into his shorts... works well.

Enjoy!

Edited: 24 October 2011, 13:05
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,058 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Will be at Whitehouse Oct 29-Nov 5...have a question

That's right DAB. And the dress code for guys is pretty basic as you said, slacks and a polo type shirt. Yes too, I change into more comfortable shorts afterwards. My wife dresses pretty similar to what TP described above, and it has worked just fine for the past four trips to the WH.

8. Re: Will be at Whitehouse Oct 29-Nov 5...have a question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 04:15