We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's new at Sandals Whitehouse

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,198 posts
170 reviews
Save Topic
What's new at Sandals Whitehouse

As most regulars on TA know, we are Sandals Whitehouse junkies. We have been to most of the Sandals resorts and have enjoyed them all. However, the Whitehouse continues to be our favorite. I get many requests for info and pictures on the WH and thought this might be another way to share that info. The idea is to post the latest improvements and updates at the WH. I will offer the most recent info I get from the WH staff that I have the chance to communicate with.

3,282 replies to this topic
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,198 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's new at Sandals Whitehouse

We have been to the WH five past times and are set to return again in January of 2013. We usually go there each January.

There have been several very poplular improvements and additions at the WH during the last several months. Some of these include the new Fire Pits that are beachfront, the fabulous new Beachwalk (almost done), the fantastic new Outdoor Seating area by the Bayside and Neptunes, and the new Thatch Umbrellas on the beach. I will be adding direct picture links to these specific areas via Photo Bucket.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,198 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's new at Sandals Whitehouse

Here are just a few pictures of the new Fire Pits, these were from January and hope to get the completed pit pictures soon.

photobucket.com/SandalsWhitehouseFirePits

Hope this works, I am experimenting with the public side of Photo Bucket for the first time.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's new at Sandals Whitehouse

Good idea for this thread RandB :) I for one am thrilled about the new walk way along the beach side of the resort and can't wait to walk it every morning!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,198 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's new at Sandals Whitehouse

Thanks Kat, were you able to open the link to the pits OK? I am doing this for the first time with Photo Bucket.

nova scotia
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's new at Sandals Whitehouse

Looking forward to experiencing the new amenities when we return at end April... beachwalk should be finished by then. Palapas on the beach look lovely!

Really would love it more if there were a pub like so many other Sandals offers! maybe next round of renos...

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,198 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's new at Sandals Whitehouse

Denise, we love the Pubs too at some of the other Sandals.

A very new update on lobster at the WH. Neptunes has had lobster on the menu, but it was not available on the menu last month during our most recent visit. BUT, I have it from a very reliable source that the lobster will return on one of the other WH restaurant menus. Current travelers to the WH, let us know.

north carolina
Level Contributor
51 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's new at Sandals Whitehouse

hi again RandB--i've looked at your photos re the fire pits--thanks so much for doing this! no problem seeing them. but i'm having some trouble figuring out exactly what they are. i see great photos of what look like giant beds/sofas with some cushions on them. what else am i supposed to be seeing here? where are the actual fire pits? are the fires lit every night? who does it--sandals staff? how many such 'pits' are there on the property? are they all in one area? thanks so much for any additional info that you can supply. we're going for our 3rd visit to WH on 2 march and as you can imagine, we can't wait!

nova scotia
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What's new at Sandals Whitehouse

There was lobster on Neptune's menu last time we were at SWH and it was tasty, but not as good as our East Coast Lobster!

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,684 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What's new at Sandals Whitehouse

Denise...though I don't eat seafood, hubby does and he agrees....nothing better than the fresh lobster he has when we travel the east coast! But his mouth still waters for lobster when we are in Jamaica.

Great thread RandB...I will also take lots of pics when we are at SWH and give an update on our return. Would love to do onsite updates but we don't bring a laptop with us.

nccouple...we will probably see you there!

Kat...when will you be there?

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,198 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What's new at Sandals Whitehouse

Nccouuple50, the pits were not done at the time of these photos, only the the giant sofa beds and the landscraping. The fire pits have been added since these pics and I am waiting on updated photos. The staff will lite them each night. They are all located in one area and that is in front of the Bayside and Neptunes Bar, which are side by side.

Reply to: What's new at Sandals Whitehouse
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted